I am willing to travel for Cellfina. Is it possible to travel within a couple of days of procedure ?

My pics are on my previous question. On whether I am a good candidate for cellfina
To see the previous question, please click here. 

About Cellfina and Post Treatment

Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.
Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Patients are able to resume their day after leaving our office, but we do recommend taking it easy for up to 24 hours. Results can be seen in as little as three days post-op. Most patients report some soreness, tenderness, and bruising, which should #resolve within a week. 90% of patients reported no bruising after one month. To ensure the best results, a compressive garment should be worn for 2 weeks post-treatment. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Traveling after Cellfina

Cellfina is a very well-tolerated procedure done with just local anesthesia in most cases. Most women actually return to work the very next day without significant discomfort. Depending on any concurrent medical conditions, it should be possible to travel the next day. However, this should be carefully discussed with your doctor with consideration of the rest of your medical history and the extent of the planned procedure.

Diana L. Elias, MD
Saint Petersburg Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina and traveling after treatment

Hello Maria4148!

It is always best to be properly evaluated by your treating physician as to how much treatment you'll be having done and how far you will be traveling after any given treatment. Most patients are driving themselves to and from the treatment since there is no sedation being used for the treatment. Though most patients are safe to travel longer distances  as early as day or two after Cellfina treatment, I find it most comforting that I can be accessible to my patients if they need me,  and I find that most imperative within the first 48 hours after most treatments. Though the emergent risks following Cellfina are slim to none, despite best efforts, sometimes unforeseen events can occur (though rare). Waiting a minimum of at least 2-3 days before traveling is what I would recommend. 

Hope this helped! Good luck to you! 

Arash Moradzadeh, MD

Cellfina Produces Improvement in Cellulite That Lasts

Hello and thank-you for your question.  Cellfina is the latest break though for the treatment of cellulite. The treatment targets the fibrous bands which are the source of the dimpling in cellulite.  Cellfina is a minimally invasive treatment performed in the office. Local anesthesia is used.  You should be able to travel the following day, although you still may have some drainage from the incision sites.  We are seeing an extremely high level of satisfaction for our patients treated with Cellfina. The investigational studies for Cellfina have just been released and have shown an impressive patient satisfaction rate of 85% at 3 months, 94% at one year and 96% at 2 years. This is a very exciting solution for the many women who suffer from the embarrassment of cellulite. Best regards, Andrew Lyos, MD, FACS

Andrew T. Lyos, MD, FACS

Travel after Cellfina

I respect that you are willing to travel for this great procedure, but I will caution you about a couple of things.  Firstly, long car trips or flights (more than 90 minutes) should be avoided in the first 5 days or so due to increased risk of clot formation in the legs.  Sitting still after any lower extremity procedure will significantly raise the risk of a serious clot.  Secondly, it is a good idea to stay close to the surgeon performing your procedure for the first 5 days to rule out infection before you leave town.  This is the advice I would give to my own family members, as well as my patients.  Even minimally invasive procedures carry risk and should be given proper consideration.  I hope that anyone with this same question will take pause with this advice and plan accordingly.  Minimize risk so that you can have the optimal experience.  All the best to you!

Paul K. Holden, MD
Phoenix Facial Plastic Surgeon

Travel after Cellfina

Yes, absolutely. This procedure does not require any oral or IV medication that will inhibit your ability to drive or travel. Although oozing is common in the first day, there is no reason that you could not travel home the day of the procedure. Good luck!

Kyle Song, MD

Can you travel after having Cellfina done?

Yes, you are able to travel the next day if need be, however you may have some bleeding and drainage from the tumescent, so you'll want to stay bandaged up and use a compression garment. 
Best of luck to you!
#drainageaftercellfina   #cellfina #dimples

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.
Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
It is different than Cellulaze which is a laser.   If you have had previous poor results with cellulaze, you can still do Cellfina.

Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.
It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.

It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or
Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Since the procedure is performed under local anesthesia, you are able to travel the next day. You may still have a small amount of drainage from the access points, and you will still be tender. Good luck!

Keith Hodge, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Traveling for Cellfina

Yes you can travel the day after Cellfina and you can easily go to work too. 

But the good news is that you don't have to travel- looks like you are from Denver,Colorado.  You have a

great provider in your back yard.  Here is their contact information:

About skin Dermatology
Phone: 303.756.SKIN (7546)

Christina Steil, MD
Chicago Dermatologist