Cellfina and liposuction. Any suggestions?

I have terrible cellulite on my legs and buttocks but I am also in need of liposuction in these areas. What is the downtime for liposuction? If I were to get cellfina first, would it be ineffective to get the liposuction in about a year?

Liposuction and Cellfina

I would suggest you have Liposuction before having Cellfina. Liposuction can often create some unevenness and more of a dimpling effect, which Cellfina can release. 
#cellulite #cellfina  #liposuction

Liposuction and Cellfina Timing

I would suggest that you have liposuction performed before the Cellfina. Although liposuction removes fat tissue, it does not necessarily address cellulite. In fact, the cellulite dimpling is sometimes made worse by having liposuction performed on the the legs.

Cellfina and liposuction

Cellfina and liposuctionI prefer to do the liposuction and lipo filling first.   Remaining areas can be evaluated for Cellfina platinum  which will involve non surgical treatments to get the best possible result

Cellulite Treatment in Beverly Hills

Hello and thank you for the question. I would suggest you have the liposuction performed first.  I would also suggest asking your surgeon if they can utilize a fork-tongue cannula which can be very effective in mitigating cellulite - so much so that you may find that Cellphina is not necessary as a secondary procedure.  Additionally, I would consider performing local fat transfer to the areas of greatest depression, as recurrence is not all that uncommon in these resistant areas.Best of luck,Glenn Vallecillos, MD, FACS

Glenn Vallecillos, MD

Cellfina / Cellulite Reduction/ Liposuction/ Skin Tightening / BBL/ High Definition Procedures

Cellfina is an FDA approved minimally invasive procedure that reduces the appearance of cellulite for at least two years on the buttocks and back of the thighs of women.
It works by releasing the internal bands that cause the cellulite dimpling and so we have not seen any fat atrophy. You should not see much of a difference with weight gain or loss but this also has not been studied.  Other areas of the body with dimpling, it is important to make sure it is truly cellulite before treatment.

It is common to have swelling bruising and firmness after the procedure. This can last for a few weeks.
Cellfina has shown 100% noticeable improvement and 96% satisfaction in all patients at 2 years.
Cellfina is designed to be a one time procedure.   It can be used on women with all skin types but caution should be taken if theres a history of keloiding.  It can also be combined with other treatments such as Thermi or Ulthera if skin tightening is needed.

We have done Sculpsure and Coolsculpting if fat reduction is wanted, but its best to wait 3 months to see the results before proceeding.

It can also be done at the same time as other procedures such as liposuction and BBL or as a stand alone procedure in the office.

Since Cellfina outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Cellfina or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Cellfina and Liposuction

Cellfina and Liposuction address two different areas of concern.  Liposuction is the surgical removal of fat cells through a suction device, where Cellfina is a minimally invasive procedure that releases the fibrous bands pulling down on the skin and creating a cellulite appearance.  Liposuction will not help with cellulite, and Cellfina will not help with fat removal.  If a patient has both issues occurring simultaneously, both procedures may be necessary for optimal correction.  Consult your physician in regards to which procedure should be implemented first. 

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

Cellfina and liposuction

Typically, liposuction is done first followed by Cellfina. This can be done at the same surgical procedure or separated by several months. Obtain a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon near you experienced in Cellfina for an in person evaluation and detailed discussion of these options.

Liposuction vs Cellfina

Thank you for your question. I would typically encourage patients to consider liposuction first, if they need it. I've had some improvement in cellulite changes with the laser-assisted liposuction (Smartlipo) techniques. Cellfina could then be used 9-12 months later if you still desire that. The exception would be if the majority of your cellulite is on the buttocks. Most surgeons avoid liposuction on the buttocks, so Cellfina could be used at the same time (probably staggered by a few weeks). Best wishes.

Paul J. Leahy, MD
Leawood Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction will remove fat below the skin between the skin and the muscle and make the circumference of the thighs smaller.  Cellfina will improve the cellulite dimples on your thighs and butt.  I would not do these procedures at the same time but rather do the liposuction first and allow yourselft to heal and then see what cellulite would then need to be treated.  Cellfina can be done after liposuction as an office based treatment.

John Burns, MD