Why does Juvederm on the tip of my nose only last 3 months?

#NonsurgicalNoseJob

Dear Pam Jones:

I personally have seen fillers injected in the tip of the nose last for two years or longer but the duration varies. If injected in an area with low mobility hyaluronic acid fillers last longer. In some patients, I will use Radiesse to increase longevity. You would want to have Juvederm Ultra plus rather than plain Juvederm ultra for a better last.

All the best,   Dr. Clark

Fillers for the Nose

Fillers for the nose are a very complicated process and special care must be used not to put in too much filler or in the wrong anatomic location.  Three months sounds about right for the proper amount of filler.  Best, Dr. Green

Non Surgical Rhinoplasty -- Fillers Like Voluma, Restylane, Juvederm Shouldn't Move

Every patient metabolizes fillers differently. You may need a thicker hyaluronic acid filler, such as Volume. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Thanks for your question and as always, we recommend that you have these injections done by a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon that are skilled in this technique. Fillers at the tip of the nose need to be injected very carefully and as noted, by skilled injectors, to avoid any potential complications.  A little bit of filler usually goes a long way and on occasion, they do not last as long as we might want.  but safety is the key and you need have someone overdue things so if you need repeat injections, which is not really the norm, then that is what you may need.  Having more robust fillers also can be used, but again, safety is the most important thing in this area.  Find the right injector and you will do just fine.

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon

Nasal Juvederm lasts only 3 months?

This is an area where it should last longer but people metabolize fillers at different rates. Sometimes people forget what they used to look like and there still is actually a change. I would discuss with your doctor.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Juvederm not lasting long?

This is surprising, as the tip of the nose is generally not an area of high motion or activity, and therefore the fillers should be lasting even longer in these areas well beyond 6 months and up to about a year. There are some people who unfortunately tend to metabolize fillers faster than others. When this happens, I will recommend using a thicker product such as Voluma, or switch to a different class of filler such as Radiesse, which is also highly popular for non-surgical rhinoplasty. Good luck, Dr. P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon