My husband swallowed his dental crown and this had a metal pivot attached to it. Is this dangerous? Thank you.
Is It Dangerous to Swallow a Tooth Crown That Has a Pivot Attached?
Botox Price Calculator
What would you like to change?
Enter your info to request custom estimates from three local providers.
These providers will send a more accurate price based on your needs.
Doctor Answers 2
If your husband actually swallowed his crown (into his stomach) with some attachment (pivot), he will likely pass it in his stool. He should eat some bread, drink plenty of water, and consider some laxative. Best of luck.
Swallowing a crown is not dangerous
A swallowed crown will pass through the GI tract and exit at the other end. The concern is if the crown was not swallowed but in fact aspirated. This would mean that the crown entered a lung. Is your husband certain that he swallowed the crown? If not, a chest x-ray may be in order to be absolutely sure that it is not in his lungs.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.