Can lip injections/fillers fix uneven lips? (Photo)

My lips are uneven even when I talk. While I know that can't be corrected can lip injections make my lips aesthetically even?

Conservative Lip Augmentation For Symmetry

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Sorry that you are having some concerns about the appearance of your lips.  Based on your photo, you appear to be an excellent candidate for a conservative lip augmentation for symmetry with a dermal filler such as Juvederm.  Beautiful and natural results can be achieved.  Please be sure to see an expert injector for an in-person consultation to fully discuss your concerns and your goals an expectations in order to determine the best treatment plan.  Hope this helps and best wishes! 

Lip fillers for uneven lips

Yes, that is one of the more common requests to have lip injections. I prefer to use the Juvederm line of fillers because they are long lasting and softer. 

David A. F. Ellis, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can lip injections/fillers fix uneven lips?

Lip fillers such as Volbella® are wonderful for evening out lip asymmetries. As this is an advanced injection technique, please consult a board certified aesthetic dermatologist for a consultation.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Thank you for sharing your question and photograph. Dermal fillers do allow for improvement on lip asymmetry as well as overall definition and volume.  Be sure to see an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to maximize your results.

Lip Augmentation with Fillers or Lip Implant or Fat -- Go Slow, Use Cannulas

I suggest seeing an expert lips can be treated with fillers and give a great outcome. Best, Dr. Emer.

Uneven Lips

Thank you for your question. Fillers can improve uneven lips but as mentioned, prior perfect symmetry is not possible and not actually desired. However for asymmetries when you talk there is the potential of Botox treatment in addition to fillers. At times this is quite a remarkable change.  In expert hands, this treatment can balance muscle asymmetry.

Anthony J. Wilson, MD
Portsmouth Physician

Improving uneven lips

Asymmetric lips are very common. HA fillers can be used to improve the symmetry however getting them exactly equal is usually not possible. Also, correcting a problem with movement is not possible because this is mainly due to muscle differences and not intrinsic lip problems. Best to use needle for this type of correction.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Asymmetric Lips corrected with Fillers?

Hello! Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph. From looking at your photographs, it seems to me that the right side of your mouth is slightly smaller than the left side, making the lips on the right appear less full - which is most likely what is causing the asymmetry that you are seeing. This is genetic, and very common. Most people (including myself) have one side of their face that is slightly smaller, the same way that most people have feet that are slightly different sizes. I tell my patients that the sides of our faces are sisters, not twins. If this is troubling to you - a filler such as Juvederm can even the two sides out. This is actually a very simple procedure (which I have had myself), taking about 15-20 minutes to preform, and results last about 9 months to a year. I hope this helps, and good luck!