I recently used xeomin instead of botox. I have been running a fever on and off for ever since. Can xeomin cause this?

Xeomin unlikely to cause fever

Assuming you went to a board certified physician, I would expect proper sterile techniques were used when preparing the Xeomin and administering your treatment.  I would expect the fever to be incidental to the Xeomin treatments. I would inquire with the doctor who treated you.

Moorestown Oculoplastic Surgeon

Unlikely due to Xeomin

Xeomin actually has less reaction on your body than BOTOX as it is a smaller molecule (less antigen in the chains scientifically), in theory, it will cause less side effects from an immune perspective than BOTOX, this is fact. My feeling is this is a co-incidence, unless the needles that were used were infected. If this was the case, most situations you will experience redness in the injected sites as well. DR Davin Lim. Brisbane. Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Fever /Xeomin

My gut feeling is NO. It depends if you have other symptoms in a addition to the fever.

There may be something else going on to cause a fever.

I do suggest going to see your doctor for an evaluation.

Cynthia Stolovitz, MD
Montreal Physician

Any of the botulinum toxin products (BOTOX, Xeomin, Dysport) can cause flu like symptoms.

However, fever is part of the constellation of symptoms.  However, if your symptoms have persisted for more than a week, I recommend seeing your personal physician for an assessment.  It may be that something else is going on and this needs to be ruled out.  The flu like symptoms, which are described in about 2% of patients, commonly only last a couple of days.