Does Xeomin still take a few days till up to a week to take effect like Botox does?

I tried Xeomin for the first time instead of Botox and still see wrinkles buts its only been one day. How long till I see results?

Xeomin and Botox- 2 weeks to see full results

Xeomin and Botox typically results are seen in the first week. Both products can take up to 2 weeks to see the full effect . Best, Dr Faraz

Time Of Onset For Xeomin After Injection

One day is too short a time frame for you to witness any effect from your xeomin injection.  Typically, patients begin to see the initial effects of xeomin approximately 3 days after injection, although the full effect of the injection may not be apparent for almost two weeks.  The duration of effect of xeomin is typically three to four months. In all of these parameters, xeomin performs almost identically to botox. 

Peter Lee, MD, FACS

Xeomin vs. Botox

Xeomin and Botox share the same active ingredient, botulinum type A, and are virtually interchangeable. The main difference between the two is the protein additive that exists in the Botox formula, which a very small percentage of patients can build a resistance to over time. Because of this, I sometimes recommend patients try Xeomin if they feel the effects of Botox do not last as long for them, or have ceased to take effect at all.

In regards to when Xeomin will begin to take effect, or how long it lasts, it is typically the same as Botox. You should begin to see the effects of Xeomin after about three days, and it may take up to two weeks for full results. The results of Xeomin should last you about 3-4 months, the same as Botox. 

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

1-2 Weeks

Xeomin, similarly to Botox, can take up to two weeks for full results. You should begin to see improvements 3-5 days after your treatment.

Patricia DePoli, MD, FACS
Skokie Plastic Surgeon

How long for Xeomin to work?

I would wait 1-2 weeks to see the full effect from a Xeomin treatment.  You most likely would begin to see some improvement before that time period, but the result should improve over more time.  It would be unusual to see any change after only one day.  

Michael I. Echavez, MD
San Francisco Facial Plastic Surgeon

Xeomin and Botox compared

Like Botox, Xeomin usually takes about 4 to 5 days to work, so just be patient. Results last about 4 months.

Harrison C. Putman III, MD
Peoria Facial Plastic Surgeon