Excess sweating from my head (vertex part). What can I do to reduce it?

Does excess head sweating( specially from the vertex part of my head sweats a lot) is also one of the cause of baldness? What can i do to reduce my sweating. Basically i sweat if i am having even little bit of spicy food or feel hot.

Botox for sweating.

Botox injections are safe to use in the scalp area, and should provide relief for 3-6 months. There is no association between sweating in this area and hairloss....Best luck, Dr P.

Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon

Excess sweating from my head. What can I do to reduce it?

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your sweating difficulties.  Though I do not think your sweating is contributing to baldness you can treat it with administration of Botox to your scalp.  This should give you 4-6 months worth of relief.  Hope this helps.

Head sweating.

Treatment with Dysport or Botox can reduce sweating in many areas of the body. Sweating is not associated with hair loss. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Hair loss and Sweating

It is unlikely that sweating would cause baldness. I suggest you see an expert there is a lot of non invasive options (Botox, Glycopyrrolate, Beta Blocker) for this to give improvement. For hair loss, there are great non-invasive options like PRP/progesterone which can be used in combination with Rogaine for great results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Scalp sweating treatment

This can be improved with Botox. It is injected into the areas of concern and will stop the sweating for 4 or more months. The procedure takes about 5 minutes to do. Infini is a more permanent solution but the hair is at risks for injury possibly but unlikely.

Steven F. Weiner, MD