Who is the Best Surgeon for Fixing Crooked Noses?

I had a Rhinoplasty in October 2008 to improve the deviation of my nose to my right, but the doctor put an implant from my skull into the right side of my nose. The bridge used to be much more narrow and centered and then the lower part of my nose looped to the right, now the whole nose looks like its been moved over and the bridge is wider and close to my right eye.

I've seen the best before and after photo of a deviated nose from a doctor here. Any recommendations of doctors who specialize in crooked noses?

Doctor Answers 8

I would recommend no surgery from the picture you attached

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The picture that you posted , does not show enough septal deviation to warrent surgery. The use of bone from skull is very unusual unless you had a lot deformities or extreme septal deviation and bone loss. You have other asymmetries in your face and I would not recommened revision rhinoplasty based on the pictures that you submitted. The redo surgery is harder and more complicated.

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 154 reviews

Crooked Nose Rhinoplasty

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Crooked nose rhinoplasty is very challenging and it is even more difficult when the deviation is present after primary nasal surgery. Get several consultations with several surgeons experienced in revision rhinoplasty.

Richard W. Fleming, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 43 reviews

Best surgeon to fix crooked nose

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Look for a rhinoplasty surgeon who has performed many thousands of nose jobs. His or her original background will be in ear, nose, and throat surgery and should be board-certified in this specialty. The surgeon should have additional training and board certification in facial plastic and reconstructive surgery. Have excellent communication with your surgeon to ensure you have realistic expectations prior to undergoing an elective revision rhinoplasty surgery. Your procedure should be done in a Medicare-certified ambulatory surgery center and attended by a board-certified physician anesthesiologist during your surgery.

William Portuese, MD
Seattle Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 158 reviews

Crooked nose surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

You are correct to seek a rhinoplasty specialist. In particular, someone who has experience in crooked nose and revision rhinoplasty is a must. Interview several physicians and ask for references.

Best of luck to you

Sam Most, MD
Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 69 reviews

Fixing Crooked Noses

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

A well-trained, skilled, experienced rhinoplasty surgeon with appropriate expertise that yields a high percentage of good results should be the surgeon of choice. In general, the surgeon is usually a facial plastic surgeon, otolaryngologist, general plastic surgeon or any combination of these specialists. These surgeons will all be able to re-contour noses, including crooked noses and previously operated noses. There are many superb rhinoplasty surgeons throughout the country.

Deviated nose specialist is a surgeon who has a great deal of experience.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

 You should see an experienced revision rhinoplasty surgeon who has done thousands of noses and done them well. So your consultations with several experienced surgeons who have good results.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

You may consider Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty instead of another Rhinoplasty Surgery.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Your nose isn't terribly crooked, and your bridge is only a bit wide. You appear to have a slight indentation in the left side of your bridge, just above the tip.

You could have an Injectable Filler placed into the indentation which would improve the "crooked" appearance of your nose. You could also have your nostrils lowered, if you desire.

Revision Rhinoplasty is one of the most difficult surgeries I perform, and my philosophy is to leave this as a last resort. You could always have Revision Rhinoplasty after an Injectable Filler treatment.

You should try to consult a facial plastic surgeon experienced in both Revision Rhinoplasty and Non-Surgical Rhinoplasty to determine what's best for you.

I hope you find this helpful.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 435 reviews

Go to a Revision Rhinoplasty Expert

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

I'd recommend you look at the before and after pictures of a number of revision rhinoplasty surgeons and then go see those surgeons whose results you like.

I'm a bit biased, but I would say my partner, Dr Jason Litner, is one of the best revision rhinoplasty surgeons anywhere and I can honestly say I've never seen a surgeon who is more capable when it comes to dealing with crooked noses.

Good luck.

Peyman Solieman, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
5.0 out of 5 stars 3 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.