Is there a noticeable difference between 405cc moderate classic and 425cc moderate classic?

I originally decided on 405 cc moderate classic implants due to my breasts width and overall chest dimensions, however I am concerned that they will not appear "full" enough. Would 425 cc make a big difference? I'm considering going up the one size, but I don't want to be too much bigger than the look I am going for (starting at a 34A and hoping to be a full C or small D cup...I know that cc's don't equate specific cup sizes, but I'm hoping my results will be about that size). Thank you.

Difference between 405cc and 425cc

20cc.  (!!!)

Only kidding. I do not think you will be able to tell the difference between the two if they are the same profile (ie both moderate classic). Congrats on your decision and good luck.

20 cc difference

A 20 cc difference in implants is not a lot. You probably will not notice the difference between the two.

The difference in volume of 20cc's is the equivalent of 4 teaspoons. So I don't think you will notice a difference. When my patients are trying to decide between to different sizes, I recommend the larger implant. Good luck!

Size differences

Thank  you for your question . A 20 cc difference in implant size typically does not make any diffference in cup size . Try not to agonize over the size and certainly not 2O cc . Remember not all bras fit the same so don't worry if you are a C in one and a D in another . I generally tell patients who try on preop sizers to go with the look you like in clothes . Discuss this with your plastic surgeon who has experience with patients and there size decisions .Good Luck!

Joanne Lopes, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon

Choosing implant size

A 20 mL difference with the same style of implant will not make a significant visual difference.  Generally, if you are between sizes I would recommend you choose the larger of the two.  Good luck 

John Paletta, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon

Implant size difference

The short answer is that 20cc is not generally a noticeable difference in implant volume.  The most important factors when choosing an implant is to match the width of the implant to the width of your chest.  If the implant is too wide, the edges will be visible laterally, medially, or both depending on pocket location.  In general, if you are starting out with an A cup, the implant will really be defining your breast shape.  Depending on your aesthetic goals, choosing an implant that is borderline too big will contribute to a less natural look.  I would definitely recommend discussing your concerns with your surgeon BEFORE surgery to avoid any issues with sizing post-op.  3D imaging may be of some assistance if available.  Good luck.  

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Is 20 cc's a noticeable difference between two implant sizes for breast augmentation? Crisalix 3D

I tell my patients that if they really want a noticeable difference, then 50-100cc will be visible. I think that a 20 cc difference will be barely visible. If my patients have difficult choosing between 2 sizes then we suggest they choose the larger size, if it is reasonable for their frame. All implants look slightly smaller once they are inside and once the swelling has gone down. In our office we have Crisalix, for 3 D imaging so you can see what you may look like between the two sizes. We even have virtual reality goggles so that you can look down at yourself, to see the switch between the two sizes instantaneously. It is super fun and patients are truly amazed with the goggles. I always get a chuckle out of their responses.

Make sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon with lots of experience.

405 vs 425cc implants

Thank you for the question. In our practice, I don't see 20cc making much of a difference, however, if one is between sizes, then we typically recommend erring on the higher side. 

I think they both will be a significant change from where you are, so likely you will be very happy.

Good Luck,

Implant selection

Hello and thank you for your question.  The size, profile, and shape of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  This entire surgery can be performed with a small incision technique.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Thank you for sharing your question.  In most patients a 20cc difference will not make a material difference in the outcome of a patient's breast augmentation.  As both sizes are likely appropriate for your frame I would select the implant that looks best when you try the sizers on.  Best wishes.