Groin incision thigh lift?

I'm thinking about having thigh lift where incision is in the groin area will this pull up the hanging skin and fat from right before half way of inner thigh??

Thigh lift

The extend of incisions will depend on how extensive lift needs to be done. Scars are usually placed in medial thighs and groin crease. How far down (towards the knee) one has to go in order to tighten and remove the skin will depend of the amount of redundant skin and elasticity.

You should seek in person evaluation by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options. Good luck.

Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Thigh lift crescent inner thigh lift hanging thigh skin medial thigh lift spiral thigh lift

Hello, Thank you for your question regarding a groin incision thigh lift. I call this a crescent thigh lift.  During a crescent medial thigh lift, an incision is placed high in the upper thigh, where the upper thigh meets the groin .    The incision is placed in this position so the scar is hidden by most reasonable clothing.  During the crescent medial thigh lift, upper thigh skin and fat are removed in a crescent shaped, therefore a crescent thigh lift. The amount of skin and fat that is removed from the upper inner thigh measures approximately the width of your hand.  This completely removes the skin and fat in the upper inner thigh. The crescent medial thigh lift does pull some of the skin from the middle thigh. It does not significantly affect the skin and fat around the knee. Often, thigh and leg liposuction is combined with the crescent medial thigh lift.  If you have any questions regarding a crescent medial thigh lift, please contact my office at 310-859-7770. Sincerely, Dr. Katzen.

Groin incision thigh lift

Here are the key points to the groin incision with the thigh lift.

1. Very effective in removing excess skin.
  2. Down time about 2 to 3 weeks
  3. Can be a bit sore because of the area of the incision.
  4. Not as effective in debulking (liposuction is better)
  5. Helpful after massive weight loss.

Hope this helps.

Dr. Dillon

Paul C. Dillon, MD