Had a temporary crown put in, few hours after the procedure, my ears feel like they're popping?

I had a root canal done end of Oct.2016, and today Nov.10 had a temp crown put in, few hours after the procedure, my ears feel like they're popping, and right under my ear and close to my jawline when I lightly put pressure on either it feels like there are pop rocks in my cheek and ear (wondering from the shot?)..the pain is on a scale of 5-7, my face is swollen, and close to the molar there is a hole in my gums..suggestions?

Jaw and ears popping after crown prep #DrSoftTouch

I would recommend returning to your dentist for a bite adjustment. Most likely the temporary crown is high causing the bite to be off which in turn can cause joint and/or ear pain. See you dentist as soon as possible to have the temporary adjusted. I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Temporary, pain, ears

Hi:

My suggestion is to go back to the dentist to check the bite on the temporary crown.  Bite will have a direct effect on the joints that is next to the ears.

Dr. Maddahi

Kourosh Maddahi, DDS
Beverly Hills Dentist