I was denied insurance for a white glass with high gold content crown for tooth 19 by Dental Quest. I need help

I went to a dentist here in Chicago and was denied a white glass with high gold content crown for tooth 19 during the procedure I was told by the dentist that did the procedure that he was doing a full root canal then I get a letter of denial saying that I have an inadequate fill and they will not cover this feeling so I have this like little Gap in my tooth from whatever he put inside with no cap or crown on it I have a problem grinding my teeth and I'm worried that this is going to affect my b

What's next after root canal? #DrSoftTouch

Based on the information you provided, it sounds like your dentist placed a temporary filling after the root canal. Your next visit should include core buildup and prepping the tooth for a permanent crown. A tooth that has had a root canal is more prone to fracture and it is important that the tooth is restored soon after root canal treatment especially if you grind your teeth. I would recommend following up with your dentist. I'm sorry to hear that your insurance won't cover your crown but I can tell you that most dental offices offer financing options to make procedures affordable. I hope this helps! Click "save" under my name, if you'd like to ask me more questions in the future.

Filling and Crown after root canal

Most likely your dentist placed a temporary filling after the root canal treatment while the tooth settles down.  This will need to be followed by a core buildup (large permanent filling) and finally with a crown for strength and function.

There is concern with any grinding habit that you make fracture the tooth, possibly beyond repair.  You should discuss this with your dentist along with restoration.  I am not sure about the issue with your insurance, however, I would say that if you trust your dentist, have treatment dictated by what you both feel would your best options not by what insurance will or will not cover.

David M. Schertzer, DDS
Saint Louis Dentist