Which form of laser therapy would be best for rosacea treatment? (Photos)

I have seen result a few years ago with IPL therapy, but only did 3 sessions. Approximately how many sessions would be needed to see optimal and lasting results? My skin texture is being affected now.

Rosacea and V-Beam Laser

The V-Beam laser is the gold standard for rosacea treatment.  It will take several treatments to have the best results spaced approximately one month apart.  Best, Dr. Green

Reducing Rosacea--Pulsed Dye Laser/V Beam, Yellow Laser, IPL, Microsecond Yag, Clear + Brilliant

I find that vascular lasers help all forms of rosacea including flushing and papulopustular, but isotretinoin is often best for the PP type. It's difficult to give you a time-frame, but it will take a series of treatments. Please see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Rosacea and lasers...

Thank you for your question.  The 2 best lasers for redness associated with Rosacea are the Excel V and Pulsed Dye laser.  With the Excel V you can expect 1-3 treatments to resolve your Rosacea.  The Pulsed Dye may take 1-5 sessions.  Please consult with an expert Board Certified Dermatologist.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon

VBeam Laser for Rosacea

While IPL can provide improvement for rosacea, a more aggressive, effective approach would be treatment with a vascular laser, such as the VBeam. It is difficult to say how many treatments will be necessary, however for cases such as yours, I typically start with the recommendation of 3-5.

How long your results will last will depend on the severity of your rosacea, as well as how you take care of your skin between and after treatment. While VBeam laser treatments can successfully improve the redness you are currently experiencing, there is no cure for rosacea, only means to keep the condition under control. Using gentle, quality skincare products, as well as the appropriate medication can be imperative to maintaining clear skin. It can also be helpful to be aware of your particular triggers (sun exposure, extreme heat or cold, spicy foods, etc.) in order to do your best to avoid flare-ups.

Keep in mind that while VBeam treatments will help to improve the color of your skin, the texture will have to be addressed by a different laser when and if you feel it is necessary. Be sure to consult with a board certified Dermatologist in regards to treatment. Best of luck!

Nissan Pilest, MD
Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon