Is there a way to keep my bottom lip from curling up and covering my bottom teeth when I smile? (photos)

Botox for lips

Hello, you may be able to achieve a more symmetrical appearance through the use of Botox which will help to reveal your teeth more. It looks as though this has been caused by an overactive muscle, and we usually see this with a "gummy smile" that affects the upper lip, however, your case appears to be the reverse. It would be best to have a consultation for the best recommendation, but I believe Botox would be the best solution for you.

London Plastic Surgeon

Smile Symmetry with Botox

I recommend a formal consultation with a cosmetic dermatologist. Fillers wouldn't be able to help this, but a small amount of Botox might. See an expert to discuss your desired results. Best, Dr. Emer

Making smile bigger?

This is a tough one. Fillers won't help. Perhaps a small amount of Botox in the orbicularis oris muscle will help. Don't expect significant change. Botox can make the smile smaller easily but wider is harder.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lower Lip Issue

Amy.  Your photos demonstrate attractive lips and possibly slightly crooked smile, which can be quite charming. If it does bother you a great deal, a small amount of Botox may help, but should be done very conservatively. Be sure to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Is there a way to keep my bottom lip from curling up and covering my bottom teeth when I smile?

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  If your lower lip rises as a result of overactive mentalis muscle function a small amount of Botox placed into the muscle may weaken it sufficiently to allow your lower lip to not elevate as much.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best recommendations.