I have many lipoma in parts of my body; leg, hand, chest, arms, shoulder. How to remove it?

Liposuction and Minimal Excision Technique

Hi Sunil. I am sorry for the delayed response. Multiple Lipomas can be removed with liposuction and minimal incision method. I will appreciate if you can send photos of your lipomas (encircled with a marker). This will enable me suggest the exact treatment plan. Please watch the video also. It will clarify many of your concerns. 

How best to remove lipomas?

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of your numerous lipomas.  Standard treatment remains making an incision directly over each lipoma and dissecting circumferentially around each until it is removed.  Hope this helps.

#Lipoma Removal - I have many lipomas

In general, each lipoma can be removed with a small incision directly over the center of it, after which the mass (lipoma) can be extracted easily.  The procedure is usually done under local anesthesia, on an outpatient, basis.  It is well tolerated and patients are generally very happy with the results.

You should talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon to see what the recommendations are for you specifically.

I hope that this helps and good luck,

Dr. Alan Engler
Member of #RealSelf500