Looking for Best Oculoplastic Surgeon in Florida (Photo)

I have strong undereye muscles that unfortunately, now that I am in my 40's, make me look puffy/tired. I have been told this will be a more challenging surgery because it is muscle and not fat causing my issue. Who is the most experienced oculoplastic surgeon in FL? The person you recommend to family? Please help me cut through all of the marketing. I live in Tampa but am open to travel. I've received quotes from $4,000-$14,000 for eyes only. I look forward to sharing my journey!
Click here to search for board certified surgeons in your area.

Experienced Occuloplastic Surgeon

There are some excellent Occuloplastic Surgeons in our state.  There are also many capable, experienced Facial Plastic Surgeons and Plastic Surgeons with whom you can consult regarding your eyes.  The best Surgeon for you will obviously be board certified in one of the three specialties, show you work that impresses you, have a personality with which you mesh, and have an office staff which is knowledgeable and puts you at ease. 

Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best Eyelid Surgeon

Many surgeons can perform successful lower eyelid blepharoplasty. In the hands of any experienced surgeon (Oculoplastic, Plastic or Dermatologist) you will most likely have a good outcome. Oculoplastic surgeons are true eyelid specialists who do not just deal with simple eyelid procedures, but handle complex and challenging cases as well. See a couple of doctors to see who you are most comfortable with and check out their photo galleries.
Good luck.

Eyelid specialist

A thorough examination and consultation is required to make any determination about what is required. The decision to perform skin removal on the lower lids is performed at rest, not upon animation. In our practice, we perform a pinch technique removal of excess skin and close the incision at the lash line with tissue glue.  When fat is present in the lower lids, it is removed from a internal approach also noticed a trans-conjunctival incision

Best Oculoplastic Surgeon in Florida

Thank you for your question.  While doctors trained in facial plastic surgery and general plastic surgery can do wonderful cosmetic eyelid procedures, no one would disagree with the fact that oculoplastic surgeons have the greatest knowledge of eyelid anatomy and the greatest experience with eyelid surgery and procedures.
 I am not 100% certain but I believe that Florida has more fully trained oculoplastic surgeons and members of the American Society of Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery (ASOPRS) than any other state with the possible  exception of California.  Therefore, we are blessed with a large number of excellent oculoplastic surgeons.  I agree with the suggestion that you look for an experienced oculoplastic surgeon in your area who can answer your questions, address your concerns, and with whom you feel comfortable.  

Lawrence Kass, MD
Saint Petersburg Oculoplastic Surgeon

Oculoplastic surgeon

There are several excellent oculoplastic surgeons in Florida.  You can check with the ASOPRS site which will give you a listing of the surgeons who have completed an approved fellowship in ophthalmic plastic surgery, and have also passed their written and oral boards in this subspecialty.  You can then have consultations to see who you would like to have do your surgery.  From the photo you have posted, it should be quite straight forward. 

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Eyelid Surgery

You appear to have normal aging of the eyes and should be a straightforward blepharoplasty for a board certified plastic surgeon.  There are many to choose from in the Tampa area.

Good luck in your search!

There truly is not best.

You live in a state with some excellent oculoplastic surgeons.  However, so much does boil down to your personal relationship with the particular surgeon.  I suggest doing your homework and visiting several of the top oculoplastic surgeons.  Just because someone enjoys an excellent reputation, it does not make that surgeon necessarily right for you.  Are you comfortable with the office, did the surgeon perform a detailed consultation, did they speak with you at length and answered all of your questions, are you comfortable with the office policies.  All of these things are important issues.