Can you die from Botox in-between eyebrows or stop breathing?

How severe of an allergic reaction can someone have from botox?

In 15 years of injecting, I have never seen any type of reaction like you describe.
It has been very safe in my hands and I think your risk is mainly due to poor injection experience and technique.
Dr. Malouf

Dallas Dermatologist

Risks of Botox

Thank you for your question.  Reactions to Botox are extremely uncommon.  There is essentially zero risk of dying (including stopping breathing which would lead to dying).  Botox has been used for decades and is one of the most studied medications used for cosmetic purposes.

Brian C. Reuben, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Can you die from injecting Botox between your eye brows

Let me start by saying, i've recently reviewed all high quality studies ever published on Botox for this area and there has never been a death or serious side effect associated with Botox Cosmetic. It is actually pretty amazing how successful and safe Botox really is. We can't say this with common over the counter medications. This review I completed will form the basis of a very large study I hope to publish in the next  year. 

However, its always important to discuss potential complications of Botox as well as your health with your physician prior to being treated. 

James P. Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Head and Neck Surgery
practicing in Facial Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
Assistant Professor, University of Ottawa
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada

James Bonaparte, MD, MSc, FRCSC
Ottawa Facial Plastic Surgeon

No risk of death

The answer is: No.

Botox between the forehead is safe. No report of any deaths in the millions of treatments performed nationwide over the last 10-15 years.

- Dr. Bryson Richards

Botox injections are as safe as anything else that you might encounter

Cosmetic Botox injections are as as safe as anything that you might encounter on a daily basis. I suppose that someone could have an allergy to something in the Botox or in the saline that it is mixed with but they are more likely to be allergic to what they ate for lunch and probably more likely to die in a car accident while driving to the doctors office.

Jo Herzog, MD
Birmingham Dermatologist

Botox injections to the face

Botox injections are safe and are performed millions of times per year in the US. There is minimal chance of allergic reaction or rejection of the Botox. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

No one has ever died from genuine Botox Cosmetic injected into the Gabella

This treatment is one of the safest treatments used in any branch of medicine today.  While an extremely rare allergic or other reaction (not ever reported) could occur, the chance of death from 25 units of genuine Botox in the frown line is less than the risk of dying from being hit by a meteor.

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon

Can you die from Botox between the brows?

The only way you can die from Botox is with a lethal injection. Which is in the mid thousands of units. A cosmetic dose is 25-50 units. So no, you cannot.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Botox is Safe for Cosmetic Indications

The Botulinum toxin has been widely tested for 20+ years. Botox is FDA approved for the glabella (between the brows) and the crows feet. The estimated lethal dose is 3000 units in a 100kg human.The typical dose used in the glabella is 25units and the crows feet is 12 units on each side. The risk your referring to stems from reported complications in children with Cerebral palsy treated with BoNTA. If your planning to use Botox
for cosmetic indications and are with an experienced pactitioner your risk for complications are should be very low. The most severe complications found with Botox in the Glabella is ptosis of upper eyelid due to diffusion in orbital septum, affecting levator muscle, while in the Crow's feet, bruising,diplopia, ectropion, and
asymmetrical smile are potential rare complications. Keep in mind that these are rare, Botox is the #1 cosmetic procedure out there!

(Dover,et. AL Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology: Botulinum Toxin: 2005)

Neil Sadick, MD