The dermaplane that I had done 2 days ago left small scrapes and cuts on my face. What can I do to heal these quickly?

I had a dermaplane with mild glycolic peel 2 days ago. I was left with many small cuts and scrapes on my face. Is this the result of an inexperienced esthetician or is this just the risk we take getting this procedure done? I've had it done before, at a medical office, and my skin was so soft and glowing afterwards. This was done at a spa and my skin is so rough and full of scabs and I'm embarrassed. Any recommendations to heal my face, quickly? I have a wedding in a few days.

Thanks for your query. This is a normal side effect of dermaplaning and occur anytime even by the most experienced aesthetic physicians. Just moisturize your face well and over scabs you can use antibiotic ointment. This will help you heal the scabs and give you a glowing skin. Avoid any parlor treatments for the time being. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Dermaplaning

This will most likely heal quickly without any treatment and it should not scar. You are learning the difference between going to a "medispa" and a doctor's office--go back to your doctor for treatment if this does not heal within 7 days and then stick with him

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist