Is there a way to get rid of love handles without liposuction? (Photos)

I want to know if I would be a candidate for cool sculpting or if this would make me look uneven because I have broad shoulders. I workout and eat healthy but I still store a lot of fat here making my butt look even more square. I don't want a bazillion butt lift but I hate the shape/ extra fat there.

CoolSculpting For Love Handles

CoolSculpting is a great procedure to treat love handles. Please see an expert physician for an evaluation. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Coolsculpting

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what. In office evaluation is necessary to evaluate what procedure would be best for you.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Cool Sculpting Can Eliminate Love Handles

CoolSculpting is a very effective and satisfying way of eliminating stubborn fat, such as love handles, without surgery or significant downtime or side effects. Trimming your shape will not make you look out of proportion, but will give you a more toned and athletic look that is in harmony with the rest of your physique. You are right…the love handles and/or lower hip can square off the shape of the buttocks. CoolSculpting of these areas can definitely make a big difference in reducing the “square” shape and giving a more curvy, tapered feminine shape. Please see a board-certified dermatologist to learn more about how CoolSculpting can help you achieve your optimal shape.

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Getting rid of love handles without liposuction

Hello alexxswifttt,

Thank you for an excellent question.  The lastest advance in noninvasive body contouring is SculpSure, a laser based treatment that can permanently reduce up to 24% of stubborn fat in a 25 minute session.  Noninvasive body contouring should be a great option for you.  I hope that helps!

All my best! Dr. Elizabeth

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and should not be held as true medical advice, but just as opinion. Seek in person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."

Love handles and cool sculpting

You appear to be a great candidate for cool sculpting to the love handles. Seek a reputable center in your area. If they have 2 machines at one time you could literally have those treated in  a 90 minute visit. I have some photos of our real clients that may like to review. The traditional applicators are 60 minutes long and the new ones are 35 minutes. This can be done with 2 machines at one time. Best of Luck, totally worth a consult. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Eliminating Love Handles Without Lipo

Thank you very much for your question and photograph. From your picture, you appear to be an excellent candidate for eliminating ‘love handles’ with CoolSculpting.  The procedure can effectively address your flanks, and one 60-minute session should provide a 20-25% reduction in fatty tissue. My recommendation is that you schedule an in-person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon, experienced in the CoolSculpting procedure. He/she can determine the best treatment plan for your individual situation.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Love handles without surgery -- sculpsure / coolsculpting + vanquish/exilis, cellutone

I suggest a combination of non invasive options if you do not want surgery.  however a VASER hi def procedure would give you the best outcomes.  Dr. Emer.

Coolsculpting for love handles

CoolSculpting works great for the love handles and I think you would be a great candidate for this treatment.

Coolsculpting Love Handles

Provided you are otherwise healthy, you appear to be the perfect candidate for coolsculpting to help reduce the love handles.  Please see a board certified plastic surgeon with extensive body contouring experience.  Good luck!

Remove love handles noninvasively

It is very easy to remove love handles using the Coolsculpting device. Other devices which work as well are the Vanquish and Sculpsure. These devices give permanent fat removal with no downtime. Cooladvantage and Z wave give faster and better results.

Steven F. Weiner, MD