When can I do yoga, bending, and stretching again after Body Lift?

Hello, I was wondering how long after a body life it is safe to do full bending/stretching/yoga again? My doctor said I should limit my bending for about 6 weeks, but after that I can return to full exercise. Is 6 weeks generally the time it's safe to bend and do yoga again? Is there any chance of ripping the incision open doing movements after 6 weeks?

Body Lift/Body Contouring

I appreciate your question.

I would recommend that you discuss this question with your surgeon as every surgeon has their own respective post op protocol for his/her patients.  Your surgeon is your best resource as he/she is most familiar with your medical history and how you are healing at this time.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

It is best to follow your surgeons advice. The tissue has reached its healing by 6 weeks so that's why this time is used. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS