Can silicone migrate into my bloodstream even though it never was injected into a vein or artery? Is this the only way?

I got silicone injections 2 years ago. I know I should of never got it. I was young and dumb, I know there is risk of silicone migrating but can it migrate into my bloodstream later on in life? Or is injecting it in the vein the only way it can reach my blood?

Silicone migration

Regards, Dr Carlos Alberto Ríos regrets that you have been victim of the terrible practice of biopolymers.

When biopolymers are injected, they are not capsules, they are liquids without capsules, therefore, the liquid moves from it was injected, that is known as migration; the migration can be macroscopic (it is visible) or it can be microscopic (it is not visible). Macroscopic migration usually occurs to nearby places, such as the back, genitals, thighs, hips. Instead, microscopic migration can pass to other places after a long time, affecting the joints; affecting many places away, like the kidneys or other organs. The mechanism of action to migrate to distant places can be explained because the defense cells, macrophages, digest the substance, phagocytose it, and travel in very small particles to other places; they do this mainly and initially in the lymphatic system. On the other hand, although it is not proven, we could not rule out that long-term intravascular migration will occur. The best solution is to remove the product as much as possible, but you can never remove it completely, it is not possible.

Please remember to be aware, do not let any permanenrt filler to be injected into your face, breast, buttocks, calfs, genitalia, etc. The safest way to increase buttocks is through your own fat injections or through silicone implants.

I hope the information was usefull, have a nice day! Dr Carlos Ríos.

Silicone migration

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Silicone migration and siliconosis

Traces of silicone have been found remotely despite soft tissue injection in another area. Silicone grades are quite different and can react differently in patients. 

Dr. Karamanoukian 
#Realself100 Surgeon

Silicone migration and siliconosis

Dr. Karamanoukian 
#Realself100 Surgeon