Is there any problems to have a cosmetic Botox treatment taking methotrexate 2.5mg?

Drug interactions with Botox

Thank you for your question rreis. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Co-administration of Botox with aminoglycoside antibiotics such as gentamycin can potentiate the effects of Botox, as can use of anticholinergic medications after a Botox treatment. Weakness may be exaggerated if a muscle relaxant is taken before or after a Botox treatment. Methotrexate is not known to interfere with Botox treatments. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox treatment while taking methotrexate

There is no contraindication between receiving Botox while taking methotrexate. Please consult with an experienced board certified dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Methotrexate and Botox

There is no problem having Botox injected while you are on methotrexate.  it will not affect the drug or the underlying problem be it rheumatoid arthritis, psoriasis etc

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox and Methotrexate

Botox is very safe and there is no interaction with Methotrexate. I hope this helps!
Dr. Quenby Erickson

Botox and Methotrexate

Thanks for the question rreis. There is no interaction of Botox with Methotrexate. I would mention to your doctor you are taking the medication but it should be perfectly fine to do the procedure.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Any problem receiving Botox while taking Methotrexate?

Thank you for sharing your question. There should not be a problem receiving treatment with Botox while taking Methotrexate. Confirm this with your rheumatologist.
Good luck,

Botox and methotrexate interaction

I have successfully injected Botox in patients who are on methotrexate and other systemic medications.   Your doctor performing the injections will need to know what medical conditions you have and will have the final decision on whether or not Botox is right for you.

Elise Barnett, MD
Montgomery Dermatologist