Is that ok to have Botox treatment during treatment with penthermine 37%?

Botox contraindications

Thank you for your question rreis. Phentermine is an amphetamine used as an appetite suppressant. Such a medication is not a contraindication to Botox treatment. Contraindications include neurological diseases such as myesthenia gravis, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (Lou Gherig's disease), and Lambert-Eaton syndrome. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Encino Physician

Botox treatment while taking penthermine 37%

There is no contraindication for receiving Botox injections while taking penthermine that I am aware of. Having an injector with experience is extremely important. I suggest to consult with an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

There is no problem that I am aware of. The big issue with phentermine is being put to sleep because of problems maintaining blood pressure.

Botox and Phentermine

Weight loss with the aid of Phentermine and having Botox for fine lines and wrinkles is not considered problematic nor contraindicated. You raise a good point though as to the importance of discussing all medications (prescription/over the counter/herbal/supplements) with the professional who will be performing your injections.  

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Botox and Phentermine

Thank you for your question.  Based on the limited information provided, it should be safe to proceed with Botox treatment.  Please be sure to see an experienced injector for an in-person consultation including a review of your medical history and current medications in order to determine the best course of action.  Best wishes!

Botox and pentermine

There should be no problem getting Botox with this. No interaction that I am aware of in any way so you can proceed

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox safety while on another drug

There is no interaction I'm aware of, of Botox with other drugs. It should be safe to proceed. Discuss with your provider during the consultation.

Steven F. Weiner, MD