Kybella or Fillers? (Photo)

I want a more defined chiseled jaw line, should I get Kybella or Dermal Fillers?

Kybella or Fillers

It depends on your desired results. Kybella is going to dissolve the pocket of fat underneath your chin which will give you a more defined jawline. Fillers can redefine the actual shape of your jawline. My best advise would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be a assessed in person. Hope this helps.

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella First

Dear Catherine684:

Looking at your photo, I would recommend  treating your submental fullness with Kybella initially and contemplate jawline enhancement with fillers once Kylbella has reached its maximum effect.  Hope this information helps.  All the best.

Kybella or Fillers?

Fillers such as Radiesse® enhance the shape of your jawline itself, while Kybela® will remove excess fat on the neck-perhaps making more visible the jawline you already have. The two procedures together often make a wining combination. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella to treat double chin

I would recommend Kybella to treat the submental fat that is contributing to the fullness in your chin region. Placing fillers along the jawline in your face may widen and make the face look more full, not defined. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella or Fillers

From your photo it is difficult to assess whether fillers such as Voluma would be best but generally a combination approach with Thermage for skin tightening, Voluma to lift the skin, and Kybella or Coo-mini to dissolve the fat all work exceedingly well.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Treatment of the area under chin with Kybella will be effective.  Without an exam it is difficult to tell if glandular tissue is playing a roll in the sides of the neck at or below the level of the jawline.

Contouring the jawline

Contour of the jawline is effected by 3 major aspects: submental fat, loss of bony jaw, and skin laxity.   Submental fat can be treated by liposuction and non-invasives like Kybella and Coolsculpting.   In your case, Kybella would likely make the biggest difference. Coolmini could work but given your perceived skin thickness, it would be less effective.  Although I'm sure fillers could make a small difference, treating the submental fat would likely make the biggest difference.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Jawline definition.

Best results can be obtained by treating sumbental fat in combination with a tightening procedure such as Ultherapy. Another option is the CoolMini, which uses cryolipolysis technology to break down fat in the submental area. Fillers will help to volumize, and it is difficult to assess from the photography, but if there is a need for fillers in the malar (cheek) area this can benefit the lower face as well and give even better results. It is best to have a consultation with a skilled professional. Good luck, Dr. P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Treatments to address jawline definition

Thank you for your question Catherine684. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. A number of treatments are available for improving jawline definition. These include Voluma in the upper cheeks to pull the lower cheek upper, skin tightening such as Ultherapy, fracitonal CO2 lasers, or SkinTyte, Botox Nefertiti lift to relax the muscle that pulls down on the jawline, and Kybella to permanently destroy the fat under the chin. I find that a combination approach works best. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella or Fillers

Need more information and an examination to answer your question. Fillers will help accentuate the jawline. Kybella will improve the submental fullness.  Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.