Kybella or Fillers? (Photo)

I want a more defined chiseled jaw line, should I get Kybella or Dermal Fillers?

Kybella or Fillers

You can benefit from both treatments since you have some submental fat that would be removed with Kybella injection. After that fillers can be used to contour your jawline. Good luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Kybella Candidate

Thanks for your question. Based on your photo, you are a great candidate for Kybella. This treatment is FDA approved and permanently destroys fat cells in the chin. Should you wish to define your jaw even more after Kybella, you may consider Radiesse. Please consult with a board certified doctor that specializes in Kybella and contouring. Best, Dr. Katz

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Kybella or Fillers

It depends on your desired results. Kybella is going to dissolve the pocket of fat underneath your chin which will give you a more defined jawline. Fillers can redefine the actual shape of your jawline. My best advise would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be a assessed in person. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Kybella First

Dear Catherine684:

Looking at your photo, I would recommend  treating your submental fullness with Kybella initially and contemplate jawline enhancement with fillers once Kylbella has reached its maximum effect.  Hope this information helps.  All the best.

Praven Chetty, MD
Kelowna Physician

Kybella or Fillers?

Fillers such as Radiesse® enhance the shape of your jawline itself, while Kybela® will remove excess fat on the neck-perhaps making more visible the jawline you already have. The two procedures together often make a wining combination. 

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Kybella to treat double chin

I would recommend Kybella to treat the submental fat that is contributing to the fullness in your chin region. Placing fillers along the jawline in your face may widen and make the face look more full, not defined. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella or Fillers

From your photo it is difficult to assess whether fillers such as Voluma would be best but generally a combination approach with Thermage for skin tightening, Voluma to lift the skin, and Kybella or Coo-mini to dissolve the fat all work exceedingly well.  Please consult an expert.  Best, Dr. Green

Michele S. Green, MD

Kybella

Treatment of the area under chin with Kybella will be effective.  Without an exam it is difficult to tell if glandular tissue is playing a roll in the sides of the neck at or below the level of the jawline.

Contouring the jawline

Contour of the jawline is effected by 3 major aspects: submental fat, loss of bony jaw, and skin laxity.   Submental fat can be treated by liposuction and non-invasives like Kybella and Coolsculpting.   In your case, Kybella would likely make the biggest difference. Coolmini could work but given your perceived skin thickness, it would be less effective.  Although I'm sure fillers could make a small difference, treating the submental fat would likely make the biggest difference.  Best of luck.

Kyle Coleman, MD
New Orleans Dermatologic Surgeon

Jawline definition.

Best results can be obtained by treating sumbental fat in combination with a tightening procedure such as Ultherapy. Another option is the CoolMini, which uses cryolipolysis technology to break down fat in the submental area. Fillers will help to volumize, and it is difficult to assess from the photography, but if there is a need for fillers in the malar (cheek) area this can benefit the lower face as well and give even better results. It is best to have a consultation with a skilled professional. Good luck, Dr. P.

Kaleroy Papantoniou, MD, FAAD
Great Neck Dermatologic Surgeon