Will wearing a chin strap help to keep my skin tighter (to help keep skin close to my chin and jaw) since I'm 50 yrs old?

Kybella & Chin Strap

Speak with your injector as each has his or her own protocol. Although I don't think that a chin strap improves the results from a Kybella treatment, it may help to reduce swelling. Hope this helps.

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Chin strap after Kybella

Not necessarily. I do give a chin strap to every Kybella patient because some will say that they feel more comfortable wearing it at night until the swelling subsides. That being said, I don't think not wearing it will affect the ultimate result. 

Michael T. Somenek, MD
Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella treatment and chin strap

I don't believe that use of a chin strap alters results and so I don't recommend it to my patients. You suggest in your post that skin laxity may be an issue with you. If that is the case, Kybella may not be the best treatment option. I recommend you discuss with an experienced Kybella injector. Kybella is great for treating "double chin" (fat)  but not a "turkey neck" (skin laxity).

Chin strap after Kybella

Thank you for your question NoMoreJiggles. Kybella is the first and thus far only FDA approved non-surgical injectable treatment for the double chin. While it is not necessary to wear a chin strap after a Kybella treatment as is the case with liposuction, some people have noticed that it will reduce the swelling. It will not likely change the ultimate results but swelling can be significant and anything one can do to decrease it may help. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations.  Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Kybella and chin straps

Wearing the chin strap probably won't help as the studies did not show a significant difference, however the initial swelling that some patients get, might be reduced by wearing it the first 2 or 3 days. If you have significant skin that is loose after the procedure, I would discuss with your doctor about other options. Also, it is best to wait at least 4 weeks after your last injection if you are getting more than one, to judge how much skin laxity you will have. Most patients are pleased with the improvement from the Kybella alone, but there are other options if more tightening needs to be done.

W. John Bull, MD

Facial Garments and Kybella

Thank you for your question.  While I don't think that wearing a support garment under the chin would necessarily be detrimental, I do not think this will necessarily improve the results.  Kybella works by dissolving fat underneath the skin of the chin and jawline.  As the fat dissolves, the submental (under the chin) area will tighten.  The support garments are usually worn after surgery, such as a necklift and/or facelift.  I hope that this helps!-David Gilpin

David Gilpin, MD
Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Kybella and Chin Straps, Does It Help The Neck Tighten

I suggest you speak to your physician.  In the studies chin straps didn't help much for anything but possibly some swelling. I find that radiofrequency treatments help significantly.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Tighten Skin with Chin Strap?

Many thanks for your question NoMoreJiggles. Our genetics, environment, lifestyle and gravity all play a role in our individual skin quality and unfortunately laxity. Unfortunately external "support" garments will not overcome those issues and prove to be of little to no effect. There are many non-invasive as well as surgical remedies previously mentioned. An in person consultation with a plastic surgeon to address your concerns and ultimate desired outcome could prove quite informative for you. Best wishes.

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Will wearing a chin strap help to keep my skin tighter?

Thank you for sharing your question. Unfortunately garments used externally on the skin can not make any material changes to the quality of your skin to limit skin laxity.  If you are referring to wearing one after Kybella, it is not necessary.  Hope this helps.

Chin strap and tightness of skin and procedures

Wearing a chin strap will not help you make your chin or neck tighter.  Procedures such as Botox, injections, fillers, lasers, Kybella, Thermage, BBL can all help.  Please consult an expert for the best cosmetic results.  Best, Dr. Green