I got 1cc of Juvederm for my lips 4 days ago and my lips are back to normal??? (photos)

My already full natural lips are back to normal after 1cc of Juvederm, which according to my doctor is A LOT for my natural lips. I thought she did a great job because the night I got the fillers my lips were big and I loved it. I knew I was just swollen so I waited another 24 hours and my lips weren't that swollen anymore but they're fuller than my natural lips and I thought they were gonna stay like that but on the 3rd day they got smaller and now is the 4th they're back to normal????

Lip Augmentation With Juvederm

Your lips do look plumper in the after picture. It takes 2 weeks to see your final results. If after 2 weeks you are not happy with your results you can have more filler injected. It may be that the look you want to achieve requires more than 1cc of filler. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

I got 1cc of Juvederm for my lips 4 days ago and my lips are back to normal???

Thank you for sharing your question and photographs.  Due to the thin nature of the lip tissues you can experience a fair amount of soft tissue swelling that can leave you with an initial result that is larger than what your long-term gains will be.  In these instances additional filler placement will help get you to the previous "swollen" look.  Additionally, when women first have fillers placed some of the initial product placement will only stretch out the lips and not necessarily add substantial volume or projection.  The following injections should make a more dramatic difference in volume.  Hope this helps.

Fillers for buttocks

At 4 days, your lips are not the same.  They look larger. If you want them larger than you  might need more filler. 

Lips smaller than expected

Your lips do look larger in the second photo vs the first.  Each syringe only contains 1 cc which is 1/5 of a teaspoon. Lips that are larger to begin with will not notice as drastic a change with only one syringe.  If you are looking to increase volume further you need to add another syringe. Enjoy your new lips!

Michelle Ellern, DO
Livingston Physician

Lip fullness is less than I expected

There is still fullness in the last picture from the filler. If you are want even more fullness, you can have more filler injected into your lips. I usually wait about 10 days prior to the 2nd injection so all the swelling is subsided.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Lip Augmentation and evaluating your result

sarahalysssaxx,

Lip augmentation is a procedure where filler is injected into the lips to increase volume and enhance the borders of the lips. Just by poking the lips with the needle causes swelling.

The reactive swelling goes down in the first 2 days. It looks like your lips are more volume than where you started. Then it takes 2 weeks for the filler to absorb water and reach your final result. Before that point, it's too early to evaluate your outcome and you end up chasing your tail by touching up prematurely. 

Patience is virtue. Don't rush into adding more filler. It's very easy to tip from naturally plump to obviously fake. Make sure you follow-up with your doctor so they can track your progress to a safe and happy result. Safety comes first. 

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting the Perfect Pout--Lip Augmentation with Restylane, Juvederm, Implants, Fat

Your lips definitely look plumper in your after pictures. You won't really have your final results until 2 weeks after your injections. I recommend waiting and then if you're unhappy you can have a touch up of more filler. It may be that an alternative technique would give you better results. Implants and fat are also options for a more permanent result. Best, Dr. Emer

Based on the pictures, your lips do look fuller. If you want a natural result, may be better not to do any more. 

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Juvederm in lips

Your lips look great.   Your doctor was wise in not using more.  You are definitely larger in the post pictures.   1 cc will not make a giant difference.  My Best,   Dr Commons

Lip injections

It is best to wait two full weeks before assessing your results.  If at that time you are still unhappy, you can return to your injector for more product.  It may be that the look you desire requires more than 1cc of filler.  Good luck.

Camille Cash, MD