What filler to choose - Hi my question is, what's the difference between Restylane and Restylane Silk?

I saw a doctor today for a consultation regarding hollows under my eyes and she said she will use restyle silk ,but its awfully expensive! !! Can she use just the regular restyle is itva big difference between those two ?

Restylane versus Restylane Silk

Restylane Silk is a much thinner product compared to Restylane. This makes it idea to place in areas that have thin skin because it does not get lumpy or bumpy. Regarding the under eye region, my preference is Restylane Silk because it gets incorporated into the tissues much more easily with less of a chance of that lumpy appearance. 

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Silk vs Regular

Thank you for your question. Restylane Silk is made with a smaller molecule, it tends to look better under the eyes because its softer than the regular Restylane. However both can be used under the eyes. Good luck!

Janet Allenby, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Best filler for underlies

Restylane Silk or Restylane are both fantastic for under eye fillers. Having personally performed over 1000 cases of under eye filler with Restylane products, if you see a person with tremendous experience, you should be able to use either product without getting lumps/bumps/tindle effect. In addition, the cost between Restylane Silk and regular Restylane should be about the same. The one benefit of using regular restylane, since it is a little bit thicker, it will take less product and last longer than restylane silk. I hope this helps! under eye filler can be life changing so hope you are happy with your results!

Lesley Rabach, MD

Restylane or Restylane Silk?

Galderma has 3 major filler products. Restylane, Restylane Lyft, and Restylane Silk. 

The Restylane product will be better for your facial wrinkles and folds such as the lines from your nose to the corners of your mouth. 

While the lyft product will be better if you are looking for volume in the cheek and mid face area.

Restylane silk is the BEST for lips and and lines around them.

All products are great! Just target your areas of concern- I hope this helps you on your journey!:)

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

Hollow under eyes

Restylane is a great product to use under the eyes. This is an area of the face that requires a lot of experience and skill on the part of the injector, however, so I would be cautious of pricing that seems overly discounted. I would also consider treatment with Juvederm Voluma. It is a little pricier but can create a beautiful result that lasts 24 months. 

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

#RestylaneSilkForUnderEyes

Regular Restylane is thicker and more likely to cause bumps or nodules when used in thin skin areas like the lower lids vs #restylane silk which is thinner and less likely to cause these problems.

Restylane® Silk has recently been approved by the FDA for release in the United States. It’s the first and only approved product specifically designed for smoothing wrinkles and lines around the mouth, as well as replacing lost volume. 

Restylane Versus Restylane Silk

Both are safe FDA approved hyaluronic acid fillers. Restylane Silk can be injected in a more superficial dermal position. Restylane is a soft tissue filler injected below the dermis for fine upper lip wrinkles. I would consider using a hyaluronic acid filler like Restylane for the tear trough correction, which will not cause
significant swelling and can last for over a year. This should be done in the hands of a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon or Dermatologist.

Rod J. Rohrich, MD

Restylane and Restylane Silk

Restylane and Restylane Silk are both formulations of hyaluronic acid, but have different particle size and filling properties. Restylane Silk is fantastic for use around the mouth, and a small amount goes a long way when it comes to peri-oral lines (fine lines seen when you pucker lips) and marionette lines. While Restylane Silk is approved for peri-oral rejuvenation, it is also used in other areas such as tear troughs. Restylane is also used for the tear trough area  and does an excellent job. In some patients who have very thin undereye skin or minimal subcutaneous tissue, Restylane Silk may be a better option.
The best way to assess and give true advice based on your individual needs, would be an in-person exam.

Steven Gabel, MD, FACS
Portland Hair Restoration Surgeon

Restylane vs Restylane Silk for the tear troughs

Restylane has been a very popular filler for the tear toughs for many years. It is a very good choice and gives great results. Now that Restylane silk is available (FDA approved in Jan 2015), many physicians are starting to prefer to use it instead of Restylane for that area because it is very soft with tiny particles and can be injected very superfically with a natural result.  Both are good choices. The more important choice is who you will trust to inject the product.  Make sure you chose an expert; typically a board certified Dermatologist, Derm Surgeon or Plastic Surgeon.

Restylane vs Restylane Silk

I appreciate your question.
Restylane silk is an excellent choice for your tear troughs. Restylane silk is a brand new product. It is the next generation of Restylane. It consists of Smaller particle size and is finer than Restylane so it is very smooth.  Perfect for delicate under eye area.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz