I just had restylane silk injection. Can I wash my face using cold water with skin medica facial cleanser?

Post Treatment- Restylane Silk

Restylane silk is a injectable filler used to smooth lines around the mouth and deliver beautiful fuller lips! Post treatment after Restylane is very simple.

There is some minor bruising and swelling 24-48 hours after being injected, applying cold compresses to reduce this will help. washing your face gently is fine! try not to massage to hard in the areas injected, and try sleeping on your back for a couple nights! I hope this helps you on your journey!:')

The Woodlands Family Physician

After care for your restylane injections

After you have had your lips injected, it is fine to continue your normal daily skin care routine. Importantly, it is not uncommon to get swelling. Things that make that worse would be manipulating your lips and probably eating salty foods.  It is better to ice as much as possible that first night. Do not fret the swelling however, I think that the swelling actually helps distribute the product more uniformly and the result is a very natural lucious lip.

Restylane Silk Injection

I appreciate your question.
There should be no issues to resume your normal skin care regimen post injection.  With that said, your MD should have reviewed everything with you at the end of appointment.  For any immediate questions/concerns, please call injecting MD.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr Schwartz

Skin care regimen after Restylane Silk

Thank you for your question.  You should be fine to resume your skin care regimen after your procedure.  I would avoid a lot of firm manipulation of the lip area as this may induce more swelling.  

Restylane Silk

Yes, you can resume your skin care regime after Restylane Silk injections. However, for the first few hours after injections, avoid using any skin products with acids or exfoliative scrubs as this may sting at the injections sites. Furthermore, for the next 24-72 hours make sure to avoid vigorously scrubbing around the lips to avoid increased swelling.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Care

Thank you for your question. There shouldn't be a problem using your face product soon after getting your injectable. Just make sure you don't massage the treated area. Best wishes Dr JSB   

Washing your face after fillers

Yes you may wash your face gently with any kind of cleanser. Try to avoid any heavy massaging to the areas that were injected.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD

Skin Care

You should be able to return to your normal skin care routine.  The biggest thing to avoid is heavy pressure to the area injected.  Topical skin care will should never affect filler or toxins is a negative way.

Hannah Vargas, MD
Kansas City Facial Plastic Surgeon

Washing the face gently should not effect your filler treatment

It's fine to wash your face after treatment with any filler (or toxin such as Botox, Dysport and Xeomin) as long as you do so gently. 

Brian Harmych, MD
Cleveland Facial Plastic Surgeon

Skincare after Restylane Silk

You can return to your normal skincare routine after any fillers. We just suggest you don't press on the area or scrub it harshly, which really, you should never be doing anyway.

"This answer has been solicited without seeing this patient and cannot be held as true medical advice, but only opinion. Seek in-person treatment with a trained medical professional for appropriate care."