I just had restylane silk injection. Can I wash my face using cold water with skin medica facial cleanser?

Using facial cleanser following injection

Hi, yes you can use your normally tolerated facial cleanser following a filler injection. You may want to be careful over the areas of injection. 

Austin Physician

Aftercare

Thank you for your question. Yes you can wash your face with cool water and the Skin Medica cleanser, just be gentle as you wash and you will be fine. Good luck!

Janet Allenby, DO
Delray Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Daily skin care after restylane silk

It is generally fine to follow your daily skin care program after restylane silk. However, each injector has his or her protocols post treatment. Consult with your injector as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Post Treatment- Restylane Silk

Restylane silk is a injectable filler used to smooth lines around the mouth and deliver beautiful fuller lips! Post treatment after Restylane is very simple.

There is some minor bruising and swelling 24-48 hours after being injected, applying cold compresses to reduce this will help. washing your face gently is fine! try not to massage to hard in the areas injected, and try sleeping on your back for a couple nights! I hope this helps you on your journey!:')

Chaitali Nangrani, MD
The Woodlands Family Physician

After care for your restylane injections

After you have had your lips injected, it is fine to continue your normal daily skin care routine. Importantly, it is not uncommon to get swelling. Things that make that worse would be manipulating your lips and probably eating salty foods.  It is better to ice as much as possible that first night. Do not fret the swelling however, I think that the swelling actually helps distribute the product more uniformly and the result is a very natural lucious lip.

Quenby Erickson, DO, FAAD, FACMS
Chicago Dermatologic Surgeon

Restylane Silk Injection

I appreciate your question.
There should be no issues to resume your normal skin care regimen post injection.  With that said, your MD should have reviewed everything with you at the end of appointment.  For any immediate questions/concerns, please call injecting MD.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr Schwartz

Jaime S. Schwartz, MD, FACS

Skin care regimen after Restylane Silk

Thank you for your question.  You should be fine to resume your skin care regimen after your procedure.  I would avoid a lot of firm manipulation of the lip area as this may induce more swelling.  

Young R. Cho, MD, PhD

Restylane Silk

Yes, you can resume your skin care regime after Restylane Silk injections. However, for the first few hours after injections, avoid using any skin products with acids or exfoliative scrubs as this may sting at the injections sites. Furthermore, for the next 24-72 hours make sure to avoid vigorously scrubbing around the lips to avoid increased swelling.

Ava Shamban, MD
Santa Monica Dermatologic Surgeon

Skin Care

Thank you for your question. There shouldn't be a problem using your face product soon after getting your injectable. Just make sure you don't massage the treated area. Best wishes Dr JSB   

Jose M. Soler-Baillo, MD

Washing your face after fillers

Yes you may wash your face gently with any kind of cleanser. Try to avoid any heavy massaging to the areas that were injected.

Jeffrey W. Hall, MD