Are there doctors in Mexico that accept Care Credit as a form of payment?

We accept care credit

I'm sure many plastic surgeons in mexico accept credit health, I accept them without any problem. You can find certified plastic surgeons and their contact telephone numbers on the website of the AMCPER.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Is it really cheaper for tourism

I have found that when the patient compares our prices to prices out of the country plus the travel costs, we were cheaper.

Please get a consultation and price quote locally. Sometimes patients think the price is higher because they read in a magazine the cost of a facelift on Park Avenue. For example a facelift in NYC could be 30,000, it is 7000 in Iowa for everything including facility and out of the Country it was $5000.

The reason it is cheaper outside the US
1. Does not include followup care as they know most are leaving after one week. Remember most surgeons in the United States will not charge you an office visit for a followup visit. Many will not see you because they inherit the risks and inherit whether you were an appropriate patient. The majority of the rest will charge you a package fee which can be 50% of the cost of the surgery since even Medicare says 50% of the cost is the followup and other costs.

2. Malpractice. There is no recourse for this outside of the country. Likewise if you do get complications most surgeons will not touch you either because they wont be paid or they become the target for the attorneys.

3. Lower cost implants. Many implant companies are not approved in the US. They may or may not be as good.

4. Training. It is hard enough to judge training in the US let alone another country.

5. Risk. Many surgeons in the US will not recommend multiple procedures because of increased risk. In the foreign countries where they dont  have to worry about risk, or death with the same consequences they may be willing to do multiple procedures to "save money" but at increased risk of death

My advice, shop in the US you may find it is not higher when you take travel costs in consideration. Compare apples to apples. Remember any additional revisions and complications may be very costly and you wont have US surgeons jumping to help you.

Surgery in outside countries

Though there are excellent doctors and surgeons in Mexico and any other country, it is much safer to be close to home with your own surgeon.  Complications are innate to surgery and a good surgeon expects, recognizes and treats them early.  By being in a distant place it is very difficult to manage even very simple problems.  

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Whether or not there are docs who take care credit in Mexico, I would encourage you to reconsider. If you have any problems after surgery, such as infection, bleeding or if you are just unhappy with your outcome, your cheap surgery will suddenly become pretty darn expensive! Furthermore, most docs in the USA will not see you after having surgery in another country because of the potential liability.

Steven M. Gitt, MD, FACS (in memoriam)
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Medical tourism

I would reconsider having surgery in a foreign country. The first problem is that the bacteria in foreign countries is not the same as Chicago. If you grew up in Mexico then you will have natural immunity if not beware. Second, if you have a complication after surgery who will take care of you. It is often more costly to redo surgery then to have it done properly the first time. Third, regulations and standards are not the same in Mexico, the FDA is does not apply to Mexico. Lastly, the laws are different in Mexico if you are harmed and need to file a legal claim it will be very costly. 

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Care Credit

Care Credit is a well respected and widely used medical credit service.  It works similar to a credit card so it should work for payment out of the country.  However, medical tourism is oftentimes not cheaper if complications occur.

John Burns, MD

Care Credit in Mexico?

The real question you should be asking is whether or not they accept Care Credit for emergency care or for follow-up care when you're in Chicago and your surgeon is still in Mexico. Surgical tourism "saves" money for a reason--the doctors in Mexico do not have to pay malpractice insurance, not do they have to live up to ASPS, American Board of Plastic Surgery, AAAASF or JCAHO accreditation standards. At least you have recourse here in the USA; in Mexico you have NO rights, and if you're sick or having a problem you are not able to be your own advocate.

Think carefully about saving money in this situation. Do you really want the cheapest, unregulated, "surgeon" you can find. I'm sure you can find a Dermatologist in Chicago who does cosmetic surgery for "less." (because they are not fully-trained plastic surgeons).

Please reconsider. Best wishes! Dr. Tholen

Richard H. Tholen, MD, FACS
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Care credit

Thank you for your question but there are experts in the US that accept care credit so why go elsewhere for surgery

Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD