Botox for V shaped face?

Hi I'm 21 yo and I heard that botox can help slimming the face and jaw make it more " V shaped". Is it safe for my age and also is that true that botox can make face slimmer? I have chubby cheeks that's why I wanted to do botox to make my face slimmer. Thank you

Botox for Jaw

I believe that Botox for slimming the jaw line area is a great option to changing the frame of your face from being square to more V or U shaped. Please consult a professional in your area. I also recommend you get a consultation so you know all your options.

Botox for recontouring the face

Botox can be used effectively for changing the shape of the face. Some women have a square jaw which can have a masculinizing effect. An oval facial shape is is considered esthetically pleasing by most. The squareness of the jaw can be reduced by injecting Botox in the muscle near the angle of the jaw. Botox reduces the muscle bulk at the angle of the jaw and creates a more oval shape for the face. A bulky jaw can also be effectively treated with Botox in men.  However, Botox does not make your face less chubby. Chubbiness is caused by the presence of fat which is not affected by Botox. If you are overweight, weight loss can help reduce facial fat. However, we develop hollow cheeks as we mature. Hollow cheeks are associated with an aging look. If you're not overweight and do not like chubby cheeks now, over time you will be glad that you have youthful fullness of your cheeks.

Renuka Diwan, MD
Cleveland Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox is a great way to slim the face

Botox is a great way to slim the face in individuals who clench their jaw significantly, giving their face a more squared off appearance.  I would suggest for you coming in for a consultation to see if you are a candidate, as if you already have chubby cheeks the “slimming” may be very subtle.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician

Jawline Contouring -- Fillers, Sculptra, Fat, VASER Hi Def Lipo, Botox, Ultherapy/Thermage, Kybella, Buccal Fat, Implants

I love botox for this area.  I suggest an expert as if this is done improperly it can cause chewing and smiling issues.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox for masseters

Hello, and thanks for your question. Without a photo, it's difficult to recommend a specific treatment plan. Botox can be used to decrease the size of the master, most noticeably if it is enlarged at baseline, in order to make one's face less square. It will not decrease the fullness of your cheeks closer to the nose. I recommend an in-person consultation with a well-trained dermatologist or plastic surgeon. Best of luck, Dr. Frucht. 

Corey Frucht, MD, PhD
Santa Barbara Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for masseter reduction

Botox for masseter reduction will certainly reduce the fullness along the angles of your mandible - where the masseter muscle attaches to your jaw.  A typical starting dose for Botox is 25 units on each side.  The most significant slimming effect will be experienced in the first month, and will continue for 3-4 months while the Botox is active.  

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Botox for slimming face?

I works if the problem is related to large masseter or large parotid glands. It is safe in your age group. If the problem is in the cheeks, it probably won't be indicated. Please see a specialist for this because this is not a routine injection. See link.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox to slim the face

Hello, and thank you for your question! 

Botox injected into the masseter muscle of the jaw can make the jawline slimmer and not so square - but it will only work if the fullness of the face is caused by muscle, and not by fatty tissue. You can tell the difference by doing the following: place your fingers over the area of your face that you want to have ""slimmed". Then clench your jaw. If you feel a muscle flexing in the area that you want to be slimmer, then Botox may work for you. If you do not, then Botox is not a good option for you. I hope this helps, and good luck!

Botox for facial shaping

Botox injections to the masseter muscle can be a very effective way to contour the jawline by reducing the size of the muscle over time.  This can transform a square shaped jaw to the more V shaped jawline you are describing.  The results can be very flattering.  The treatment won't make full cheeks look slimmer however.  Buccal fat pad reduction is the more appropriate method to sculpt that part of the face.  My best recommendation is to seek consultation with a board-certified, experienced surgeon.

Chaneve Jeanniton, MD
Brooklyn Oculoplastic Surgeon

Botox & facial slimming

Botox can be safely used for facial slimming. It can transform a square-shaped face into a v-shaped face by reducing the size of the masseter muscles. The results last for 3-4 months and will need to be repeated.