Botox for Gyncomastia?

Is it possible to treat male (Type 1 or Grade 1) Gyncomastia (Gland on both sides) with only botox? Is Gland Excision or liposuction or combination of both is necessary?

Gynocomastia - See and Expert in Body Countouring and Liposuction

Unfortunately, Botox isn't a viable treatment for gynocomastia. I'd recommend consulting with an expert surgeon specializing in body and contouring procedures, as this would require the removal of the gland and extra fat. 

Gynecomastia

I would not recommend botox for treatment of gynecomastia. There are other options available to you however.

Botox is not a treatment for Gynaecomastia

Hello Arunvaanan, thank you for your question.  Unfortunately I'll have to agree with the other opinions regarding your question.  I am not aware of any utility for Botox in treatment of gynaecomastia.  There are a couple of options, most of which include surgery of some sort. I hope you have resolved your concerns regarding this question.

Michael Yunaev, MBBS, MS
Sydney General Surgeon

There is no evidence to suggest that Botox will successfully treat gynecomastia

I am afraid there are only a few options. Traditionally I have always used VASER Liposuction with a pull-through technique to remove any residual gland. Recently we have seen success in treating pseudogynecomastia with Coolsculpting.

Ravi Jain, MBBS
London Physician

Botox will not address gynecomastia

Thank you for your question arunvaanan. Botox is a purified protein used to address wrinkles associated with facial expression. Gynecomastia is not treated with Botox. A number of surgical and non-surgical options are available. Please consult with a doctor for specific recommendations. Good luck!

Alex Eshaghian, MD, PhD
Encino Physician

Gynecomastia

There are a number of minimally invasive procedures that help gynecomastia, but Botox is not one. See a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Botox for gynecomastia

Botox works by stopping nerves from signalling to muscles (or glands in some cases). This disruption in communication has no effect on the bulk tissue present in gynecomastia. It is best to see a plastic surgeon to discuss your surgical options. 

All the best!

Dr. Brace

Matthew Brace, MD
Ontario Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox not for gynecomastia

Unfortunately, Botox injection is the not treatment for gynecomastia. I recommend you consult with a plastic surgeon to discuss your treatment options which include surgical excision or energy based treatment such as CoolSculpting. 

Botox for gynecomastia?

Thank you for sharing your question.  Neither botox nor the other neuromodulators will help treat gynecomastia as the gold standard remains direct glandular excision and contouring liposuction.  See an ASPS board certified plastic surgeon in consultation for the best recommendations.

Sorry, Botox doesn't work for man boobs

This is a problem that doesn't respond to Botox. Gynecomastia requires reduction of the fat and breast tissue. Coolsculpting can improve this with a couple treatments. Other methods are liposuction or surgical excision. Discuss with a Plastic Surgeon. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD