Prominent mons pubis 6-1/2 months after Abdominoplasty. It's the same as it was at 6 weeks. Can it still be swelling? (photos)

Abdominoplasty with MR and lipo performed 5/6/16. Great results and easy recovery. Swelling of mons went down a bit over the first 6 weeks, but then no improvement. I wore Spanx every day and my compression wrap every night for 3 months, then gave up. Some days I swear it's getting worse. Swimsuits, tight skirts and leggings look terrible--like I have a penis. My weight has remained stable. PS says he did "some" liposuction of mons during surgery. Could he do more? I am 55 yo, 5'2", 125#.

Prominent mons pubis area

At this point, it is probably not related to swelling.  More likely, it is some fat that will respond to a little bit of liposuction in the area, which will help to recontour it to match the tummy area.

Speak to your surgeon about this option.

Prominent mons pubis 6-1/2 months after Abdominoplasty. It's the same as it was at 6 weeks. Can it still be swelling?

If not a fluid collection, then a little lipo by your surgeon may be appropriate. It can be done awake with just a local anesthetic.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

Mons Pubis prominence

It is occasionally necessary to reduce the thickness of the mons pubis area to match the abdominal skin thickness after tummy tuck.  It can be done at the same time as the procedure or later with liposuction or direct excision.  It is more common after weight loss.  You should talk to a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in body contouring regarding your options.

Prominent mons pubis after Abdominoplasty.

At this point, the majority of swelling has certainly resolved but ongoing improvement in the size/shape of the pubic area is certainly possible over the course of the next several months.  Therefore, I would suggest ongoing patience.

Having said that, given your concerns, it is likely that additional liposuction surgery and/or skin excision will be helpful when it comes to improving your outcome.

Best to communicate your concern/question directly with your plastic surgeon, preferably in front of a full length mirror.  Working together you will come up with a good plan to proceed with. Best wishes.