Can a tissue expander help me to get a belly button revision and lower my scar? (photos)

I don't have no loose skin on my stomach and it's been 3 years.I really need to be fixed. This has really affected my self esteem. Please help!!!

Difficult case

Your belly button was cut too big and you also have two scars; how did you get the scar above the belly button?  This is a very difficult problem to fix specially because you don't have much loose skin to pull on again.  The only option I can think of is a vertical scar.  Lets see what others will recommend.

Revising Scars After Tummy Tuck

Revision surgery is unusual but may be desired for several reasons. Most revisions should be done after 9-12 months.  One cause for revision surgery are “dog ears” at the ends of the incisions. These are small folds of excess skin that do not flatten over time.  They can be excised, suctioned or both.

Scars may widen or continue to be red and elevated.  These may require laser treatment or injection with kenalog and 5-FU.  Excision and reclosure may help some scars. Other treatments are available as well.

If possible it would be best to visit with your same plastic surgeon to have the area examined and make sure what revision option would be best for your situation. Good luck!

Umbilicoplasty and abdominal scar revision

Based on these photos it doesn't seem that you need extensive reconstruction involving tissue expanders. Revision of umbilical deformity as well as revision of central (or entire) abdominal scar can be done in one surgery by means of skin only revision abdominoplasty.

You should discuss your options with a board certified plastic surgeon with good reputation and broad experience  in TT surgery. Good luck. 

Zoran Potparic, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Revision abdominoplasty

Looking at your photos it appears that you would benefit from a revision abdominoplasty to correct you belly button and lower your scars. An in person exam will be critical to assess the soft tissue laxity and to make a plan that will meet your expectation. A tissue expander is an option but not likely needed. Good luck to you. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Revision tummy tuck

I would recommend that you consider waiting for the skin to loosen over time. That may allow scar revision in a lower location.  i'm not sure a tissue expander would be helpful.  The umbilicus can be revised.

David A. Lickstein, MD
Palm Beach Gardens Plastic Surgeon