Is it safe to go to the beach 6 weeks after a breast lift and implant?

We have a family beach trip planned 6 weeks after my breast lift and implant. Is it safe to get in the ocean/pool 6 weeks post op? I know I'll need to really protect my incisions from the sun.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue..

6 weeks post op lift/aug

If you are 6 weeks out you should be fine to go into the ocean or pool assuming you don't have any open wounds such  as a spitting suture.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Beach trip after breast augmentation and lift

Dear Scissorella13,
A trip to the beach 6 weeks after breast augmentation and lift is most likely possible.  Of course, it will be contingent on your healing progress being uncomplicated.  Also, you will need to curb your swimming activities most likely.  Good luck!

Recovery after breast surgery

6 weeks after surgery is usually a safe time to go to the beach and get into the ocean in my practice. I would recommend discussion with your surgeon just to confirm. Good luck! 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

When May I Go to the Beach after Breast Lift and Augmentation? #breastaugmentation #breastlift

• If healing has been uneventful, as it is the vast majority of the time, after breast lift and augmentation, then going to the beach or swimming pool 3 week after these procedures is usually just fine. 
  • Certainly, at 6 weeks you should be fine swimming. 

Beach trip after surgery

6 weeks after surgery you should be back to most normal activities including a beach trip. This assumes that you have had normal healing and no problems. You should still be a little careful with your breasts. Clear all this through your surgeon. Good luck.

Breast lift and implants and travel at 6 weeks

Provided that one is healed well enough, 6 weeks out is usually fine to resume most activities and travel. Best to ask your surgeon.

Going to the beach after a breast lift with implants

It's always a good idea to check with your surgeon about his or her protocol. After I've examined my patients and feel satisfied that their incision is healed enough, I tell them they can safely go to the beach. Often, that's three weeks after their surgery. You're right about sunscreen: Be sure to protect your incisions with sunscreen that has a sun protection factor (SPF) of 15 or higher. Ultraviolet light, whether from a tanning bed or the sun at the beach, can make a scar redder for a longer period of time. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths." Have a great trip. 

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Post-op recovery from breast lift with augmentation

I let my patients swim 3 weeks after surgery, assuming everything has healed normally. Protecting incisions from the sun is important. That said, check with your surgeon and follow his or her instructions. Good luck and enjoy your trip!

Salem Samra, MD
Middletown Plastic Surgeon