If your nipples are approx 21cm and 20cm from notch, how much higher will they be raised with a lift? (Photo)

I'm getting a lift and implants in two weeks (inspira moderate I think). On the vectra modeling, I noticed the nipple to notch distance was shortened to around 18 I think. Would they be raised so much in actual surgery, or is that just how to get the vectra to look right?

Breast lift and implants

Measurements are just one factor taken into consideration for breast surgery.  An in person examination and discussion of your gaols is also very important.  From your photographs and with the measurement you claim you do not appear to need a lift but would likely achieve a good result with breast augmentation alone.  You mentioned Vectra - this is a fancy digital imaging tool but can be misleading as operative results will not usually not match those demonstrated by a computer generated image.

Breast lift and implants

each person is unique and has a specific goal as well as specific measurements. The measured distances are good reference points but are just used as a guide. The main factor and goal is achieving a desired look that will make you happy long term. 

Gaurav Bharti, MD, FACS
Charlotte Plastic Surgeon

Each individual patient is different in terms of where on their chest the nipple should sit.  It is hard to say without an exam.  It doesn't look like you need much movement up for the nipples

Breast Augmentation

You are borderline in my opinion for needing a lift. If you are considering a lift, it should be a short scar technique. You would do well with an augmentation with a shaped implant which could eliminate your need for a lift altogether. Have you considered an alternative approach? Not all plastic surgeons offer shaped implants, but your pictures suggest you might be a perfect candidate for that approach. Best wishes.

Numbers don't tell the whole story

From a numbers standpoint (at least nipple to notch distance), you are not the typical candidate for a "lift".  That's just one measurement though and others need to be taken into account when deciding the best plan for you.  The position of your fold and your breasts' relationship to it are very important things to consider.  I would obviously have to examine you, but I wonder if one of the shaped devices might be better for your situation.  I recently used this strategy on a patient with folds that were a little higher and had a little bit of overhang and things worked out beautifully.  You might want to get some opinions from surgeons that have the luxury of being able to examine you.  Hope this helps.

Lift or not

Based upon the information you provided and your pictures, you do not need a lift and would be better served with an augmentation only. Maybe myself and other surgeons answering your question are missing something that we cannot appreciate and would gain from a physical exam, but based upon information and photos you provided, a BA alone would give you an excellent result, you don't need a lift at this point(or the scars)

If you are at 20-21 cm, you wouldn't benefit much from a lift.  There is a risk of going to high with the nipples and this then cannot be corrected easily.  You may be better off with just an augmentation.  Best wishes, Dr. T. 

Breast Implants

The photographs do not clearly show that you actually need a breast lift. The conclusion may be different when you are examined

Norman Bakshandeh, MD, FACS