CO2 laser under eyes, redness? (Photo)

I had C02 laser under the eyes. It's been 16 days. The redness was still there but much better. I could cover with make up. I went to gym , did weights and ran 40 minutes after . After running it's now significantly more red . I was hoping it fade by morning . It has not. It's still significantly red. Does this have to do with Trauma ? Will it get better or did I do something times my eyes up?

CO2 Laser

It may take months for the redness to subside if you had CO2 laser. Exercise can increase the redness temporarily but should resolve to the pre-workout look in a few days. It is still very early in the healing phase so give it time.

Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Redness under the skin after CO2 laser

Dear Patient from SC,

Using ablative lasers does cause erythema or skin redness to occur for a few months after the procedure.

Time will improve this on its own. Otherwise, vascular lasers could be considered to help this resolve sooner.

I hope this was helpful.

Adam Scheiner, MD
Tampa Oculoplastic Surgeon

CO2 and redness

Yes, it is common to have redness after CO2- especially if fully ablative CO2 was performed. Redness can persist up to 3-4 months. The use of LED or V BEAM vascular lasers can reduce redness. See your specialist who performed this procedure for advice. 

Dr Davin Lim
Laser and aesthetic dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

Redness after CO2

Redness after CO2 laser procedure can persist for a few months. Activity and emotions can alter the redness as well, all will improve with time. Do not hesitate to call or visit your surgeon for reassurance.

Clayton L. Moliver, MD

Redness After Co2 laser

this is common to have redness and irritation of the skin for months after co2 laser and at this point skin care, PRP , LED treatments are essential to promote healing.  Best, Dr. Emer.

CO2 Laser

If its only been a couple of weeks since your CO2 laser procedure, I would give things a little bit more time to settle down.  Hopefully after about 3-4 weeks, things will look like you want them to look.  Where did you get your laser procedure done?  I definitely would recommend only going to a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon for this strength of a procedure.  Other types of practitioners are not truly qualified to do this procedure.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist