What is the going rate for a Full Face full CO2 ablative laser treatment?

I was always told it was $3,000-$4,000, but I went for a consult and was given a price of $7,000. I feel like I could get a full mommy make-up for around that. Any input or feedback would be appreciated.

CO2 Laser

We normally perform full-face CO2 laser under twilight anesthesia and the cost varies from $3500-4000. It seems like that is a bit excessive.

Fort Lauderdale Oculoplastic Surgeon

Co2 Price

There probably is some variation in price due to location, but $7000 is pretty steep. Here is Huntsville, we charge around $3500 which is all inclusive of the CO2 fractional full face and anesthesia.

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

CO2 Laser

Prices do vary based on the practitioner, but generally, I would say a standard price would be $3,500 for a full face fractional CO2 laser resurfacing.  The most important piece of advice I would give would be to only get this type of treatment done by a board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon.  Without these qualifications and credentials, you are going to someone who is truly not qualified to perform this procedure optimally.  Hope this helps.

M. David Cole, MD, FAAD
Newport Beach Dermatologist

Co2 Laser and Improvement In Wrinkles, What Are Risks? Costs?

I suggest you see an expert and do not compromise your care for cost or distance.  Anyone giving deals is someone to be cautious over.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Full Face C02 resurfacing

C02 resurfacing prices vary depending on whether  it is a deep, fractional or fully ablative treatment.  In order to comfortably undergo  fully  ablative C02 resurfacing (all of the face is treated with the laser ie not fractional),  a fee of approximately 3500 including operating room and anesthesia is reasonable.  Certainly higher fees will exist in the most metropolitan areas of the country however.  Fully ablative resurfacing for most patients require about 1 week of  home time for healing.  It is a great treatment, and the results are certainly worth it. 
Hopefully this is helpful

J. Kevin Duplechain, MD, FACS
Lafayette Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hello Ahomme23,

There is a lot that goes into determine the price of procedures.  One of those is the cost of doing business in that area.  If the physician is performing the treatment as opposed to a tech there is also a premium for that.  I would agree that $7,000 is quite a lot for a full face resurfacing.  Even if you were put to sleep in an operating room that would be high based on the costs where I do business.  Your first estimate of around $3,000-4,000 is much more accurate for the cost in most places.  

I'd recommend you consult with a few more places regarding laser resurfacing to get a better idea for the costs in your area.  
I hope this helps and good luck.  

William Marshall Guy, MD
The Woodlands Facial Plastic Surgeon

Full Face CO2....

Thank you for your question...prices vary by location and specialty, however that sounds exorbitant.  Even 3000-4000 seems high for your location.  Additionally we are moving more towards less downtime procedures like Halo which give you remarkably similar results without the downtime, and those cost around $1500/treatment typically requiring 1-2 treatments.  CO2 would still be reserved for severe scarring, burns, etc  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon