What are the chances minoxidil will work for me?

21 y/o male diagnosed with chronic telogen effluvium. I'm healthy, but drink with friends. very occasionally smoke marijuana, exercise 5 days a week, eat a healthy diet, but have a slight heart issue from stress (stresses that started this whole thing). What are the chances of minoxidil working? I've read it works for some people but better for younger people. Removing the trigger is the answer but its hard to do with hair loss to worry about. having hair loss for about a year and a half.

Thanks for your query. Minoxidil helps in retaining the hair and thus helps in preventing further hair loss and maintaining it. Hope it helps.

All The Best

India Plastic Surgeon

Try not to Stress--There are Hair Loss Options

It's difficult to say without an evaluation. Minoxidil is an option. There are also other options you could use: I have great success in my practice using injectable progesterone and prp to the scalp. A transplant is another option. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in hair loss for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer