28 years old with thinning hair and a receding hairline. Any suggestions? (photos)

I am 28 years old with a receding hairline and the hair on the top is pretty much dormant and thinning to a point that my scalp is visible. The crown area also seems to be getting thinner and is very visible under bright light. Which norwood scale I am on at the moment and will it be helpful if I start taking propecia? Also am I a good candidate for a transplant at this point? Any further advice would be helpful. Thanks

Thinning hair and a receding hairline

you have a norwood 3 A type loss ..no need to take propecia for years to reverse the loss. 

I advise you to have a FUE operation of 3000- 3500 grafts  (I mean approx. 8000-9000 hair shaft ) to cover all vertex area , create a new hair line in one session of operation...you would have a good, succesfull result . 

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Hair loss

You have a Class 3 Vertex balding pattern which impacts the crown and the frontal hairline with some recession. A hair transplant is a good option

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Here are some options--Hair Loss Treatments

Propecia is an option. There are also other options you could use: I have great success in my practice using injectable progesterone and prp to the scalp. A transplant is another option. I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist who specializes in hair loss for a formal consultation. Best, Dr. Emer