Can I lift my breasts without surgery?

I am only 17 years old and my breasts are not perky, in fact I think they are sagging quite a bit. I have lot about 15 pounds in the past few years but I can't remember my breasts ever being full like the other girls my age. Is there any way to fix this?

Non surgical breast lift

The only way to lift the breasts is via surgery.  Maintaining a stable weight, rather than yoyo-ing is important.  At 17, you are too young to consider surgery. Keep in mind that everyone's breasts are different and you may be inclined to sagging.  Treatment would depend on the actual presentation which is not clarified by your post. Best of luck.

Unfortunately, you can't "lift" breasts without surgery

Thank you for your question and I am sorry to hear of the problems you have been having.

Sagging breasts (or "ptosis") is common. Many women don't experience any ptosis until after pregnancy/ breast feeding, whereas others, such as yourself, suffer from the condition from an early age.

The definition of a ptotic breast is one where the position of the nipple is below the level of the fold underneath the breast. The only way to elevate the position of the nipple is through surgery. Breast lift surgery ("mastopexy") not only lifts the position of the nipple, it also rearranges the location of breast tissue to improve the overall shape of the breasts. A breast reduction also improves the shape of the breast and elevates the nipple to a more aesthetically pleasing position, with the addition of decreasing the overall weight of the breast.

Given that you are 17, mastopexy surgery should only be considered following a thorough discussion with your local plastic surgeon. Although breast lift surgery should not interfere with your ability to breast feed or have mammograms later in life, your breast shape will change with time. Breast lift surgery at your age should really only be considered if your sagging breasts are significantly detracting from your quality of life.

Minimal scarring breast lift

Most women refuse breast lifts because of the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique.For that reason, new techniques were developed.Unfortunately, you have not provided any photographs or told us your bra size.The 2 techniques I use are: The Mini Ultimate Breast Lift™ and The Ultimate Breast Lift™.Both techniques reshape your breast tissue creating upper pole fullness, elevate them higher on the chest wall and more medial to increase your cleavage.Aligning the areola and breast tissue over the bony prominence of the chest wall maximizes anterior projection.These techniques avoid the ugly vertical scars of the traditional technique, maintains nipple sensation and the ability to breast feed.The weight of the breast is transferred to the underlying muscle resulting in long term stability.

Best Wishes,

Gary Horndeski, M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Can I lift my breasts without surgery?

Thank you for your question! It is normal for the breast to lose its firmness and perkiness over time, which is accentuated with age, pregnancy/breast feeding, weight gain/loss, and gravity. This ultimately results in ptosis, or sagging, of the breast with a “deflated” appearance. Women often seek the mastopexy, or breast lift, procedure to regain the previous youthful appearance of her breasts and desire that uplifted and perky appearance of her breasts. Women report increased confidence, self-esteem, and femininity once she achieves this desired shape and fullness. Breast lifts may or may not be performed with implants – the implant would add increased size but also greater fullness in the upper pole of the breasts which creates more cleavage. It is also common for the areola to enlarge and stretch during these changes. The lift will also serve to raise the nipple areolar complex to its appropriate position above the breast crease and at the most projecting portion. In addition the areola size will be decreased, which is often desired by the woman.  There are no non-surgical methods for lifting the breast. 

Thank you for your question! Hope that this helps. Best wishes for a wonderful result!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

Breast sagging in a young teenager

It is possible to improve the shape of minimally sagging breasts with a breast augmentation but if the nipples are pointing down and there is an inch of breast tissue below the crease under the breasts you may need a breast lift.  Seek the care of an experienced plastic surgeon accompanied with your parents.  

Breast lift

There's no way to improve the shape of your breasts without breast surgery. At age 17 I would not recommend any cosmetic procedures.

Lifting breasts without surgery

Perky breasts have fullness in the upper part of the breast.  Most breasts will droop naturally over time or with weight loss.  Unfortunately, there is no way to restore the fullness to the upper part of your breasts without surgery

John Zavell, MD, FACS
Toledo Plastic Surgeon

Lifting breasts without surgery?

There are no methods that I know of that can lift the breasts without performing surgery.  Sorry .  Good luck in your decision to move forward. Being that you are underage you would need your parents' approval.

Nonsurgical breast lift

There are no good ways to lift the breasts without surgery. You may benefit from breast implants to improve fullness, with or without a lift. Your best option is to consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person. You can find such surgeons through the American Society of Plastic Surgeons website. Since you're not yet 18, you'd need to go to the consultation with a parent. If you're physically mature, meaning that your breasts have stopped changing for the past year or two, you could possibly have surgery before you're 18, but that would be a decision between you, your surgeon and your parents.

Andres Taleisnik, MD

Breast lift without surgery

"Perky" breasts tend to be breasts that have upper pole fullness.  Losing weight or breast feeding are two reasons why breasts may not appear to have the most aesthetic "fullness." I do not know of any technique where you can lift your breasts without surgery. Also, it is a good idea to wait until your breasts stop growing to properly assess your ultimate shape.  Hope that helps.

Joshua Korman, MD
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon