Can I Change my Face Shape Through Surgery?

right now i have a very flat,round,wide face shape i want to make it longer, is that possible through surgery? also is it possible to change the shape of my hairline through surgery?

Doctor Answers 2

Changing face shape with surgery

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The short answer is that yes these things are possible. However, many individuals are understandably reluctant to permanently change their bone structure. Perhaps you might want to try some camoflage techniques such as fillers/injectables—which usually last no more than one to two years. This gives you the chance to evaluate the changes in your appearance and to be sure you want to undergo such extensive surgery. A consultation with a very experienced and board certified plastic surgeon would be your best first step.

Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Changing face and hairline shape.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Yes it is possible to change he shape of your face and/or hairline depending on bone structure, skin type, amount of fat in the face, etc. See an experienced facial plastic surgeon for a consultation.

Toby Mayer, MD
Beverly Hills Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 38 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.