Bone graft after failed implant? (photos)

I had 2 TRI implants placed 14th April 2015, both got rejected and are exposed, mobile, needing to be removed. However one surgeon is keen to do bone grafting with BioOs and membrane, whereas the principal surgeon who did the implants initially is saying just to leave it and let it heal, and not do bone grafting. I'm really confused who is right and who's not. Please advise and help.

Prosthetic Driven Implants

From the radiographs presented, the implant is much too narrow and is not deep enough to be fully embedded in solid bone.  My recommendation is to get a second opinion, have a graft with membrane placed until the tissues (hard and soft) heal properly, then have a longer implant with a wider diameter properly placed.  I doubt if the situation that you presented were ever to heal, more than likely it would be a prosthetic nightmare for the restoring dentist and another nightmare for you to maintain it and it would be guaranteed to fail.

Good luck and keep us informed.

New York Dentist

Managing failed implants

Just going by what your X-ray looks like I would say there definitely
was some collateral damage done to the bone from the failed implant.
The question is whether to graft or not to graft at the time of implant removal.
At minimum I would clean out both sites and place a resorbable membrane
to prevent soft tissue from invading the surgical area.  I work with BioOs (cow bone)
it is a wonderful graft material however it has a very slow turnover rate
in comparison to a demineralized or mineralized human bone which has a faster
turn over rate.  What this means is that if the surgeon wanted to go back and place
an implant into the site at around month 3 or 4 most likely it would be a bit mushy
with bio oss and can compromise the stability of the implant.  I would just stick
to a demineralized or mineralized allograft (human) with a membrane then come
back in 3 months to place the implant again.

In addition to the above, I would still want to investigate why you had
two simultaneous implant failures.  That is not very good odds considering
implants have over a 90% success rate.  Were these implants placed
at the same time the teeth were removed.  These are a few questions
I would ask you along with a comprehensive health history.

Derek Faktor, DMD
New York Dentist

Bone grafting after an implant fails

Based on your description and the xrays that are attached, I would definitely recommend thoroughly cleaning out the failed implant sites and placing a bone graft with membrane. 
The reason for doing this is to prepare  the sites for new implants to be placed in the future. 

I hope you found this information to be helpful,
Dr Champagne

Implant

yr implans are out of bone , so remove implans and place bone graft to maintain bone height for future procedures. do not play with it. it is fail implants.

Nirav Patel, MDS, PhD
India Dentist

Grafting

Your implants are more than half way out of the bone. I would recommend removing and graft with membranes.

Victor Sanz, DDS
Chicago Dentist

Tooth

I wild opt for bone grafts.  Both implants were poorly placed so go find a periodontist to place new ones. 

Neville Richter, DDS
Bellevue Dentist