Pain in jaw and mouth after implant removal and bone graft
Doctor Answers 5
POST - OP INFECTION
Pain after implant removal and bone graft.
This doesn't sound normal. Healing time is usually one week. Your symptoms should improve with time not worsen. It sounds like you have developed a post op infection. The grafting procedure might be compromised. Have your surgeon reevaluate the site as soon as possible.
If the graft is compromised:
- It will need to be removed,\
- The assumed infection can lead to pain at the site of the surgery
- Pain can radiate to the jaw on the same side of the surgery
- The white tissue can be attributed to clotting or indicative of poor healing (infection).
- You many need a different antibiotic.
- Follow up appointment to re-evaluation the surgical site to rule the other potential issues.
Pain in jaw
Pain after implant removal.
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.