Is Cellfina effective?

I am 5'4" 130lbs with severe cellulite (deep dimpling) on my buttocks and outer thighs. Would you recommend Cellfina?

Cellfina

Seems like you will be a perfect candidate for Cellfina!

You have describe cellulite changes consisting mainly of dimples, which is the main indication for the use of Cellfina. The procedure is done under local, without the need for anesthesia, and there is no downtime. Most women go on to their normal routine the day after. Most of my patients do well with Tylenol for discomfort if present during the first 24 hours after the treatment.

There is new data released last month by the FDA showing 93% satisfaction rate with the results at 3 years from the procedure.  

Areas most commonly treated include: Buttocks, Posterior Thighs, Lateral Thighs, and Anterior Thighs.

Cellfina can be combined with other treatments such as:

1. Ultherapy (for skin tightening)

2. Scultpra (to smooth out very deep dimples after release with Cellfina)

3. Fat Grafting

4. Liposcution

Hope this was helpful. Good luck!

Cellfina effectiveness

I recommend an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon.  If a patient is the right candidate, Cellfina results are amazing. Cellfina works by releasing the fibrous septae bands that create dimpling on the buttocks and legs.  In consultations with my patients I review their specific health history, dietary, exercise and hydration habits, and hormonal history to ensure they are the right candidate.  We have had great results with our Cellfina patients.  Good Luck! 

Laurie A. Casas, MD, FACS

Cellfina

Cellfina is a FDA approved device used to reduce the appearance of cellulite.  We have seen great success with Cellfina treatments in our practice, and we attribute that to an effective device as well as our commitment to choosing patients that are good candidates.  Because different kinds of cellulite exist, we must evaluate which type of cellulite exists to determine if Cellfina would be the best treatment option.  Cellfina is effective in treating primary cellulite, which is deep dimpling occurring from the result of fibrous bands pulling down on the skin.  Cellfina uses minimally invasive technology to cut the bands and release that tension, thus smoothing the appearance of the skin.  If skin laxity and textural irregularity is the main issue and no fibrous bands exist, we typically recommend fat reduction/skin tightening since there are no fibrous bands to address.  Only through an in person consultation will you be able to determine what your best treatment options will be.  For patients with deep dimpling and primary cellulite, we have found Cellfina very effective in improving contour.

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Cellfina

Cellfina is a great options for treating cellulite.  It is effective with essentially no downtime.  Our patients have been very pleased with the results.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina

Cellfina can work really well for the right candidate.  You should have your cellulite evaluated my a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if the procedure can improve the appearance of your dimples.  I have been very pleased with the results

Cellfina Efficacy

Cellfina is a great way for patients to eliminate their cellulite. Cellfina works best on dimpled cellulite, and it is FDA cleared for the buttocks and the back of the thighs. There is a high satisfaction rate for patients for years after treatment. In fact, Cellfina has the longest FDA clearance for the treatment of cellulite. Consult a board-certified plastic surgeon who offers Cellfina for an evaluation on how this treatment can help you. Good luck!

Tom S. Liu, MD, MBA
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Cellfina Treatment

Cellfina is an excellent treatment for targeting cellulite in the appropriate candidate.  The procedure is performed in-office under local anesthesia.  Patients have minimal discomfort or downtime following treatment.  The device is able to target the fibrous bands tethering the tissue down and resulting in the dimples of cellulite.  Our office has seen very impressive results with the treatment and also been impressed at how well patients tolerate the procedure.  I would suggest a consultation with an experienced provider who can determine if you are a good candidate and discuss the best treatment plan.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Is Cellfina effective?

LadyB,

Thank you for your question. It sounds as though you absolutely are the type of patient Cellfina was designed to help. You are at an ideal body weight with what sounds like discrete dimples in the areas that are most effectively treated by Cellfina. Cellfina is the only treatment that has FDA approval for cellulite treatment with results lasting as long as two years with optimism towards even longer lasting results. The reason it works is that the apparatus actually directly disrupts the bands that are causing the dimples. Most other treatment modalities that have been used in the past make the dimples go away, or diminish for 2-3 months. That is because the majority of these things cause edema, or swelling, that eventually subsides to reveal the dimples that have never been adequately treated.

Before jumping into treatment, however, you should meet with a qualified plastic surgeon who has experience with Cellfina to determine whether or not Cellfina can be safely offered to you.

Joseph Brown, MD
Tampa Physician

We absolutely recommend Cellfina for severe dimpling and cellulite!

Hello and thank you for asking this very good question! The most exciting part about this is that we can finally answer this question with a "YES!"  About a year before we purchased Cellfina, I tested the procedure myself. I need that kind of reassurance - to know it works!- before I will purchase technology and offer it to my patients.

Not only am I thrilled with results, but the patients I've treated have been so excited about theirs.  I definitely encourage you to make a consultation with a local surgeon for Cellfina. 

I wish you all the best!

Jenn Harrington, MD

Cellfina - the correct indication

Thank you for your question. It sounds as if you would be an excellent candidate for Cellfina treatment. Cellfina works most effectively for deep dimples on the buttocks and on the posterior and outer thighs. By releasing the distinct connective tissue bands causing the dimples, Cellfina treatment will result in significant and lasting improvement in the appearance of your cellulite. The FDA has just cleared Cellfina for improvement in cellulite appearance for up to 3 years, at which point 93% of patients were found to be satisfied with their treatment and 98% of independent physician observers confirmed persistent improvement in the appearance of cellulite. I encourage you to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon with experience and expertise in Cellfina and other body contouring techniques to help you determine whether Cellfina and/or other procedures may be right for you. 

Good luck. 

Dr. Polo

Max Polo, MD