Is Cellfina effective?

I am 5'4" 130lbs with severe cellulite (deep dimpling) on my buttocks and outer thighs. Would you recommend Cellfina?

I recommend Cellfina

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Cellfina can be very effective. It is the only FDA-cleared, minimally invasive, one-time treatment that is clinically proven to improve the appearance of those cellulite dimples you’re describing. In addition, long term results from recent clinical studies achieved results up to 3 years longer than any other treatment. I recommend having an in-person consultation with a board certified dermatologist to assess your situation fully!

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Deep Dimples, No Problem

Cellfina is a precise technology that addresses the actual cause of cellulite.  I have used Cellulaze.  I like it for very large areas with small dimpling.  The larger dimples will require "cutting the parachute strings" which cause pulling on the skin.  Cellulaze has three modes (burst, melt, tighten).  The theory is as follows: The burst mode is supposed to break the bands (parachute strings), the melt mode is supposed to melt the fat and the tighten mode is supposed to tighten the skin.  I think with small dimpling and large areas you can achieve a moderate result.

With Cellfina the technology directly addresses the fibrous bands that pull down on the skin, causing puckering or dimpling. The Cellfina device numbs the skin and cuts these bands. 

What to expect:

• minimal discomfort
  • mild tenderness.
  • Compression garments for a month (at night is fine after 2 weeks)
  • Limit  exercise exercise to upper extremity strenuous. 

Dr. Dillon

Paul C. Dillon, MD

Cellfina does not discriminate!

Hello! It sounds like you would be a great candidate for Cellfina. Fortunately, Cellfina does not discriminate against age, weight, depth of dimples or number of dimples you may have. We have treated 40+ dimples in one treatment session and our patients have seen excellent results. Learn more about the treatment at our website linked below.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Is Cellfina effective? The answer is yes.

Thanks for your question! It sounds like you would be a great candidate for a Cellfina treatment. Cellfina is the only FDA-cleared, minimally invasive, one-time treatment that is clinically proven to improve the appearance of those cellulite dimples you’re describing. In addition, long term results from clinical studies achieved results up to 3 years longer than any other treatment. I would definitely recommend this treatment but I highly suggest having an in-person consultation with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to assess your situation fully!

Kimberly Butterwick, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina is effective

Cellfina is the only FDA cleared device for the treatment of cellulite dimples with results lasting up to three years.  This procedure is best for those dimples we get on our buttocks as well as the outer thighs, and it sounds like you would be a good candidate. It’s a great option because in a single treatment you can see at least 50-80% improvement of those unwanted deep dimples. Be sure to consult with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has extensive training and experience to ensure you get the best results.

Sabrina Fabi, MD
San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

Cellfina Candidate

Thank you for your question.  Yes, it sounds like you would be a great candidate for Cellfina treatment.  85% of all women regardless of weight are unfortunately plagued with cellulite. The formation of cellulite is caused by contracting and stiffening fibrous septae bands that connect dermis to underlying tissue – which in turn creates the dimples associated with cellulite.  Cellfina permanently cuts these bands which releases the tension and eliminates the dimpling.  The results of Cellfina have been shown to last three years after treatment, which is how long Cellfina has been available.  The study is ongoing so I would expect that patients will continue to be pleased with their results much longer than 3 years.  Depending on how many dimples you have, you may require more than one treatment as up to 40 dimples may be treated during each treatment.  I would recommend consulting with a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon who has extensive training and experience in this modality for optimal results.

Kristine Romine, MD
Phoenix Dermatologic Surgeon

A Minimally Invasive But Effective Cellulite Treatment

Cellfina is the newest, most effective FDA approved technology available for treating cellulite. This one-time, minimally invasive procedure takes only 45 minutes to perform, but the results last for a minimum of two years. #Cellfina has the longest lasting results of any current #cellulite treatment. Its approval rate is over 93% here on RealSelf.

Used on #moderate to #severe cellulite of the buttock and thighs, Cellfina works by treating the rubber-band-like connective tissue that causes cellulite. When these “rubber bands” under the skin are cut, the fat trapped underneath in dimples “snaps” back into place, creating a full, smooth appearance.
There is no cutting and no incisions. To perform this controlled, precise, and safe procedure, a vacuum hand piece is placed over the dimpled tissue through which the surgeon will deliver a local anesthetic. Then a small, needle-like #microblade is inserted to release the fibrous bands, the cause of cellulite. Seek more information to learn if you are candidate for #Cellfina by consulting with a board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  

Cellfina Effectiveness

Cellfina is a great treatment for true cellulite.  True cellulite is the dimpling in the skin caused by fibrous bands that pull on the undersurface of the skin.  Cellfina directly releases those bands and allows the skin to smooth out.  Results are obvious within a few days after the procedure and the results continue to improve as the healing process continues.  At this point the results appear to be stable for 3 years after treatment. 

Jeff T. Healy, MD
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Is Cellfina effective?

Cellfina is the newest FDA approved device used to reduce the appearance of cellulite. Based on your description it sounds like you will be a great candidate. Cellfina works  by cutting the fibrous bands and releasing the dimpled skin making the skin even. I recommend to have an in-person consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.

Carlos Mata MD, MBA, FACS

Board-certified plastic surgeon

Carlos Mata, MD, MBA, FACS

Cellfina

Seems like you will be a perfect candidate for Cellfina!

You have describe cellulite changes consisting mainly of dimples, which is the main indication for the use of Cellfina. The procedure is done under local, without the need for anesthesia, and there is no downtime. Most women go on to their normal routine the day after. Most of my patients do well with Tylenol for discomfort if present during the first 24 hours after the treatment.

There is new data released last month by the FDA showing 93% satisfaction rate with the results at 3 years from the procedure.  

Areas most commonly treated include: Buttocks, Posterior Thighs, Lateral Thighs, and Anterior Thighs.

Cellfina can be combined with other treatments such as:

1. Ultherapy (for skin tightening)

2. Scultpra (to smooth out very deep dimples after release with Cellfina)

3. Fat Grafting

4. Liposcution

Hope this was helpful. Good luck!