Is this the beginning of necrosis? Three weeks post off breast implant and lift. (Photo)

Hello- I am 3 wks po and a couple of days ago noticed a blood-blister looking spot on my horizontal incision. There is redness in the area. No warmth or fever. I sent pics to my PS' post op nurse and was prescribed antibiotics. No problems to date except for spitting suture removed 5 days ago. Where I am pointing in the picture, in the red area, it feels hard underneath. I am early 30s, healthy, non-smoker and got 350 cc gel and lift. I attached a photo of my L breast which is healing nicely.

Is this the beginning of necrosis? Three weeks post off breast implant and lift.

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. I have to say that you are still early on healing process, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support. You're not having any necrosis, Hugs!

Thank you for your question and photo.  Most likely at 3 weeks post op your not having skin necrosis.  An in person examination is needed for a full assessment.  It looks like you may have an early skin infection caused by removal of the rejected suture. This is not uncommon.  Continue your antibiotics and continue close follow up with your surgeon.  Best Wishes

Is this the beginning of necrosis?

From your photos and the fact that you are already three weeks post op, I don't think this problem will lead to a significant skin necrosis.  Be certain to take your antibiotic and follow your surgeon's instructions and let him/her know if you develop any fever, or increasing redness, tenderness or drainage.  With luck, this area should resolve in the coming weeks.  Best wishes.  Dr, Lepore.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

Is this necrosis?

First of all, "is this the beginning of necrosis?" Is a question for your surgeon not the Internet.  But, having read the rest of your question, I do think you are on the right track,  it is impossible to say for sure from a picture ( difficult even with an in person exam) but this looks like either inflammation from a suture spit, or early infection.  Either way your doctor has you covered appropriately.  Continue to touch base with your surgeon should anything change.  

Melinda Haws, MD

Postop Breast Implants and Uplift

This is actually a quite common occurrence. Rather than being skin necrosis, it is a case of a small infection or even just skin irritation caused by a dissolvable stitch.
You should of course monitor the area together with your surgeon, but I see no reasons for concern.

Ciro Adamo, PhD, MD
London Plastic Surgeon

It is not necrosis

You are doing the right thing.  Keep on following your doctor's instructions.  There is nothing alarming about your photos.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Not vascular necrosis

Appears that you are having a suture knot infection with some redness and this is not vascular necrosis.   

3 weeks after breast augmentation with lift, some advices:

Thanks for sharing your concerns with us. 

It doesnt seem like you have a necrotic area. I recommend you to perform local wound care with an antibacterrial soap and to maintain the wounds dry and clean. Also, In my practice, after performing a breast augmentation I recommend to my patients to limit the movement of the arms for two weeks. After that, you can move your arms taking care and always with common sense.
In this regard, it's not advisable to carry heavy weights to prevent the implant out of position, and allow the formation of the physiological capsule around the implant, also to avoid pain and breast swelling.

Respectfully, 
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol.- 

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Three weeks post off breast implant and lift.

I would suggest following up with your surgeon. This needs to be evaluted in person. Best wishes. Dean Vistnes. 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift question

Thank  you for your question. Without an in person exam it's impossible to say for sure. However, this looks relatively minor. It looks like a localized area of irritation. It does not look like necrosis.  The best thing to do is to schedule appointment with your surgeon so that they may examine you. They will then be your best source of advice. Good luck.