Blepharoplasty - Black women.

Hello doctors, I'm 42 , black and I usually get keloid scar. ( Please see pic of my breast lift scar) I would like to get your advise In order to know if I'm a good candidate for blepharoplasty (uper and lower). I'm afraid to have face deformities or visible scar In my face. A P. surgeron already told me skin on face is very different of skin on body, so I don't have to be afraid for keloide scar. However, I'm still freaking out by the idea having a visible scar in my face. Please help me. Tx

Upper and lower blepharoplasty procedure

In our practice, we have never seen a keloid scar on the eyelids in over 25 years, even in African-American patients.   It would be considered extremely rare  to get a keloid on the eyelids. The incision for the upper lids is located directly in the upper eyelid crease.  The incision for the lower lids  is completely hidden on the inside of the eyelid, also known as a trans-conjunctival approach.  Close follow-up with your operative surgeon is important to monitor the postoperative healing process. For more information  and many before and after results of blepharoplasty procedures, please see the link and the video below