Is it safe to get breast implant, Tummy Tuck, lipo with BBL all at once?

I'm getting a TT, lipo, bbl, and breast implants redone. Wanted to know if that will be to much to do in one surgery. I currently have salene implants under muscle for 11 years now . I wanted to get new gel implants high profile, Along with TT, lipo and bbl. Some people have mentioned it's too much for one surgery. I have known other people to do everything at once. What are the risks of doing all at once?

BBL and mommy makeover

Hello dear, thanks for your post.

It’s definitely possible to perform a Brazilian Butt Lift and Mommy Makeover simultaneously.

When patients undergo this surgical combination, safety should be everyone’s first priority.For this reason, procedures of this magnitude should be performed in accredited surgical centers.The operative times should never exceed four to six hours.

In contrast, performing these procedures simultaneously offers several advantages.These include synergy, less expense and one recovery.

For these reasons, it’s important to consider each case on an individual basis.No two patients are every exactly alike.They have different anatomic findings, aesthetic goals and social situations.It’s therefore, important to tailor the surgical approach to the patient’s needs.

Good luck :)

Multiple procedures

Thank you for your question.  There is a limit on what can be done at one time, and it does depend on what is being done and how long it would take.  What you describe is actually done fairly commonly, and we do in our practice quite often without issues.  I would recommend that you have a board certified plastic surgeon performing your procedure and that you feel comfortable with your surgeon.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Including a Brazilian Butt Lift with a Mommy Makeover

It's difficult to suggest without a in-person one-on-one consultation. The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.  

#Combined operations are often performed with our #Gynecology colleagues. Tubal ligation is a common post pregnancy procedure which is done at the time of many of the surgeries included with a #MommyMakeover. If you require a gynecologic operation or study (laparoscopy) and are considering a plastic surgery procedure, discuss these issues with your physician and board-certified plastic surgeon. Also, combining these #procedures may decrease anesthetics, costs, and recovery time.

Many other procedures can be combined. Cosmetic procedures such as Brazilian Butt Lift (#BBL), Thigh Lift (#TL) and Mommy Makeover (#MMO), which usually concentrates on the breast and abdomen areas, may be combined together. However, I look at the risk factors such as surgery time greater than 6 hours, or #anesthesia time, increased risks of DVT, prolonged  #healing, #positioning after surgery to name a few, which are a lot to consider. These factors are relative to performing any variety of combinations.  All surgical procedures carry some degree of #risk. Always discuss your issues and concerns with the Plastic Surgeon during and following your consultation. Information that you read online may not apply to your personal situation.
Your procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision.

What combination procedures at the time of mommy makeover is considered safe.

Ultimately your surgeon will decide if these procedures can be done together. Your health, overall size, and the efficiency of your surgeon will factor into whether or not these can be done together safely.

Mommy makeover

Thank you for your question.  Unfortunately without photos and more importantly, an in-person evaluation, it is nearly impossible to tell you what would be best for you.  Although I routinely perform this combination of procedures for patients' mommy makeovers, you will need to be evaluated in person by a board-certified plastic surgeon to determine what would be both best and realistic for you.  He or she will also be able to discuss the risks associated with the procedures you are eligible for, prolonged anesthesia, etc.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Multiple procedures

Thank you for the question and if you are in good health and a stable weight, these procedures are frequently done at the same time.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Mommy makeover safety

I think every surgeon will have a different answer based on the fact that each surgeon's operative time may vary a bit.  We limit outpatient surgery to somewhere around 5-6 hours under anesthesia.  The other consideration is how long each component of the mommy makeover will take i.e. if your liposuction is a large liposuction of multiple areas, you may want to do part of the liposuction a different day.  Best Wishes!!

Combining surgery

I have successfully done all of those surgeries at once, but the success depends upon proper patient selection. Therefore, I would need to evaluate you in person to determine whether or not you are a good candidate for the surgery that you would like.

Thank you for your question!

Dr. Schreiber, Baltimore plastic surgeon

Tummy tuck, liposuction, breast implant re-do - all at the same time?

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck, bbl, liposuction and breast implants.

• A very thoughtful question -
  • These procedures can be done all together -
  • Many surgeons prefer to do the BBL separately - because you can't like on either your stomach or your back if you have both done at once.
  • Risks do rise when additional procedures are combined with a tummy tuck.
  • And surgery should not take longer than 6 hours, total
  • The big risk is the higher risk of blood clots - that can move to the lungs and make you desperately ill.
  • Let your surgeon evaluate your health, calculate your risk for blood clots and discuss the pros and cons in person before you make a final decision.
  • Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Hope you find this information helpful. Best wishes.

Implants, Tummy Tuck and BBL

Thank your for your question. Many patients want to know if these procedures can all be done together. Generally I prefer to do Tummy Tuck and Breast Augmentation with Liposuction first, then at a later date do more liposuction and the brazilian butt lift. After your Tummy Tuck and Breast Aug, you will need to lie on your back for optimal healing. In order to preserve the fat transferred in a BBL, you will need to lay on your stomach. You won't want to jeopardize either procedure, so I find it's best to do them separately. You will need to have a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon for precise recommendations. 

Kevin Tehrani, MD, FACS