Can I inject Botox to my gum to close spaces in between my teeth? (Photo)

I have space in my bottom tooth ,and my doctor told me that I can inject Botox to my gum will help to close the Space is that something that will work thank you

The Gums and Botox

Thank you for your question. Botox is used to relax and soften wrinkles. Since there are no muscles in the gums it will not help close the spaces between the teeth. Please consult with a dentist for recommendations. 

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Improving gummy smile with Botox

A gummy smile can indeed be improved with Botox injections ; this requires expert treatment, so make sure to see a highly trained cosmetic physician such as a dermatologist. 

Benjamin Barankin, MD
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox and gums

Thank you for your photo. Botox works by preventing your muscles from contracting. Your gums do not contain muscle and will not be affected by Botox injections. It is important to avoid having Botox carelessly injected into the mouth. There are several important muscles needed for speaking, eating, expressions, and even breathing located inside the mouth which can be adversely affected by Botox. Hope this helps.

Johnson C. Lee, MD Plastic Surgery

Johnson C. Lee, MD
Beverly Hills Physician

Fillers Vs Botox

Botox cannot be used to close gaps between teeth. We inject fillers into the gum papillae to close such gaps. Results are great but usually last till you body absorbs the filler. However, a detailed exam and measuring of the gaps are determining factors in suitability of such treatment. 

Botox for tooth spacing

Unfortunately, no. Botox will not correct spacing in teeth. However, Botox works wonderfully in diminishing the appearance of the furrows of the brow and give you a more refreshed awake look. For your teeth I would seek a consultation with with your dentist for possible realignment therapy. 

Can I inject Botox to my gum to close spaces in between my teeth

Botox has effects on muscle but not bone. The gap in your teeth is because the roots of the teeth are separated by their location in the bone, so Botox will not correct it, sorry.

Julio Garcia, MD

Botox to gums?

This will not cause the teeth to get close or straighten. It will help lower the upper lip if you have a gummy smile. Warning is that some people don't like their smile after this is done.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Botox can do amazing things, but it will not straighten your teeth

Botox can be used for a variety of issues that are mediated by muscle tissue - but straightening the teeth or allowing them to move is not an effect of Botox treatment. I am curious to learn how much Botox this dentist intended to use in order to achieve this effect.

Botox to straighten teeth.....Fact or fiction??

Hello moshe66,

Thank you for sharing your question and photo. We can make this very brief to address your question; Dentists/Orthodontists can give you a plethora of information as to how best to straighten your teeth none of which will include injecting Botox into your gums. You may want to reconsider taking Botox advice from this particular doctor in the future. 

Paul Pietro, MD
Greenville Physician

Botox and gums

the answer is simple Botox will not affect the space between the teeth injected into the gums or anywhere else. you need to be sure you are seeing a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist