Botox in the chin gave me lopsided smile ;( Help! (photo)

I had Botox done 7 days ago to get an eyebrow lift while I was there, the doctor put some in my chin. I don't know whether she put too much or in the wrong muscle - k am now left with lopsided smile. She said she put 6/7units in total. My smile is gone and it's leading upto Xmas time. Wanted to know how long 7units of Botox will last around the chin area?? Doctor said to me during my follow up that if I use my muscle more and have galvanic facial this will help reduce the effects of Botox. Do you agree?

Smile Asymmetry--Thermage/Venus Legacy after Botox

Botox lasts about 3-4 months. In the mean time, thermage/venus legacy can help reduce this. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer.

Botox and uneven smile

Thank you for your question and photo.  The positive side to your dilemma is Botox placed around the mouth tends to wear off more quickly because we use those muscles so often with talking and eating.  I would definitely support you working the muscles and if you can expose yourself to heat, as with hot yoga or a sauna on a regular basis, you will metabolize the Botox more quickly, too.  You will probably notice a return to your normal self rather quickly.  Just communicate with your injector that you may want to avoid having Botox injected in the depressor anglularis muscle in the future.  Wishing you so well on your journey!

Remus Repta, MD

Lopsided smile after Botox

It looks like the Botox accidentally affected the muscle that normally pulls down the right side of your lower lip because of incorrect placement of the Botox. The bad news is that there is not much you can do at this point. You can try to correct the asymmetry by placing some Botox on the left side to create the same effect, but it may give you problems with eating, drinking and speaking. The good news is that it will wear of in about 3 months. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Hi-

It looks like you may have had your depressor angularis injected which would cause that asymmetry. It will soften after 8-12 weeks time. Unfortunately the Botox is doing exactly as it should do by weakening that muscle and causing that asymmetric appearance. However, the benefit and curse of Botox is that it is temporary. Hang in there. 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

Poorly placed chin Botox gave uneven smile

This will just have to wear off. It affected you DLI muscles. There is nothing to do to make it wear off faster.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Uneven smile after Botox

it usually takes 8 units to do the browlift so you had a very small amount of toxin.  if the smile does not get better over the next week you can have it corrected with correct placement of more Botox

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist

Asymmetric smile after Botox

Botox is used to weaken or paralyze muscles. It is doing its job, unfortunately the injection was not placed properly. If the asymmetry is due to Botox, it will likely last around 10 weeks and unlikely that anything would speed up recovery significantly.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon